Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Need help with recipes....

ZeFeZ
ZeFeZ
Potentate’s Supreme Cioppine v10 I just got that but it gives exactly the same stats as the The Secret Chef’s Pork Roast v10? Why is that?
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only difference in most V10 food/drink is the name.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are both the same level and quality of food...?

Why were you expecting two different V10 purple recipes to have different values? They just use different ingredients.
    Options
  • ZeFeZ
    ZeFeZ
    Ah, sorry new to that part. Just didn't understand it but my bad than. Thank you for explaining. :)
    Options
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was disappointed as well. I thought there would be some variation with each stat bonus. Still tri stat but 1 that might give extra stam for less magicka type deal
    Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them are much easier/cheaper to make (The ingredients besides the purples are more common).

Although at V10+ the costs are not really relevant.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeFeZ wrote: »
    Potentate’s Supreme Cioppine v10 I just got that but it gives exactly the same stats as the The Secret Chef’s Pork Roast v10? Why is that?

There is one purple food for each faction at each level. Same with Blues, and Greens.

Ideally, you should have an easier time finding the ingredients in your faction's zones, but the reality is, the ingredients are all over the place. And, most of the time, you are not in your alliance's zones at VR10, so your ingredient mileage may vary.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before 1.6, each faction had a version of the recipes from 1-40. So there'd be a level 40 pie for Dominion, a different one for Pact, and another one for Covenant. Then there'd be three versions of each one. A blue version and a purple one. I forget the names, but it would be something like Enriched and Gourmet.

So you'd have a pie, a soup, and... I forget the third one, actually. The blue ones would pick up a second attribute, just like now. But it would display as a version the same green recipe, with one additional ingredient required. The purple ones would require two new ingredients, and, again, it would be the exact same food as one of the green recipes at that level. So you'd have Mudcrab Cakes, Enriched Mudcrab Cakes, and Superlative Mudcrab Cakes (or, again, whatever the purple text was.)

Now, there was a major difference. Each food type had specific ingredients that were only used to make the purple food for that type. One of them (pepper) was easy to come by, but the other two (oats and tomatoes, as I recall) were only available through a fully upgraded provisioner hireling. So some of the recipes were more valuable than others to the provisioner (though not to other players).

When 1.6 hit, they moved the purple recipes into a unified list, and stopped saying, "well, this is a stamina up food normally, but just for you, we'll boost all stats." So it makes more sense. But the purple recipes at a given level are still identical, except for the ingredients.

With 1.6 they also added 3 versions of each green up to VR10, and... well, added VR10 recipes (before that food had capped at VR5). So that the system as a whole is more consistent.

Now, the biggest difference between purples is just the ingredients required.
    Options