Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What does everyone think of different weapon stances?

Bloodgharm
Bloodgharm
✭✭✭
It's possible this subject has been posted about in the past, but I'm sure that thread is long since dead and I don't really feel like necroing it. In addition, there will be some that will spout that developer time should be focused on fixing issues and developing new content, but if ideas don't get out, then progress will never be made. Furthermore, I don't want this idea to be given priority, but simply want it put out there for the devs to see.

Now that my preamble is out of the way, I'll get right to it. I believe that we should be able to choose various battle stances to go with our various weapons. I main a nightblade and am using a 2h sword, dual wielded daggers and a bow. One thing I've noticed is that the battle stances (the way i stand and hold my weapons) don't really convey a stealthy or rogue-ish type of character. I mean, how am I to be sneaking around with a big cleaver held over my shoulder while I crouch like a sasquatch squatting in the woods. I would prefer to hold my broadsword down low while almost crouching in a tripod-like position with one hand resting on the ground. Another stance I'd like to see is while holding two daggers, they are held backwards or one forward and one backward.

I realize that this suggestion would require an overhaul on some animations, but it could be a pretty cool idea. What does the community think? If there was a possibility of developer time and energy going into adding new stances, what would you like to see?

Aaaanndd...discuss!
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    ninja_crouch.jpg

Something like this. Like we could leave our greatsword sheathed with one hand on it while crouched.

cloud_strife_figure___stance_by_terra7.jpg

Maybe even do something like this when not in stealth
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ya random person.
    Edited by Amica on August 24, 2015 3:46AM
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /Signed. This is an awesome idea, though I would rather they have three different sets of resting animation for the maul, greataxe and the greatsword.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!