Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Crafted set gear but not getting bonuses? Help please

krainsy
krainsy
Soul Shriven
Tried crafting Night's Silence gear last night (1st attempt at crafting set gear of any kind) and did not receive any of the set bonuses on the gear. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

-I crafted med helmet, jack, bracers, guards & a bow
-I have 2 traits researched on helmet, 4 on jack, 4 on bracers, 3 on guards and 5 on bow
-I put an exploration or training trait on these crafted pieces
-I used hide to craft the armor and oak to craft the bow
-I improved the bow to green, the armor items are white

When viewing the items in my inventory, they are not titled "of night's silence" and they do not indicate any of the set bonus details under where the trait is listed. Furthermore I compared character stats w gear on and off and there is no difference in max stamina or recovery.

Few other things that probably don't matter:
I am in AD, character level 17, crafting levels are 18-20, NA server on PS4
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    What it sounds like is that you didn't move along to crafting the set items and just crafted regular gear on the special table.
    Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
    Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
    PS4 EU
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    krainsy wrote: »
    Tried crafting Night's Silence gear last night (1st attempt at crafting set gear of any kind) and did not receive any of the set bonuses on the gear. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

-I crafted med helmet, jack, bracers, guards & a bow
    -I have 2 traits researched on helmet, 4 on jack, 4 on bracers, 3 on guards and 5 on bow
    -I put an exploration or training trait on these crafted pieces
    -I used hide to craft the armor and oak to craft the bow
    -I improved the bow to green, the armor items are white

When viewing the items in my inventory, they are not titled "of night's silence" and they do not indicate any of the set bonus details under where the trait is listed. Furthermore I compared character stats w gear on and off and there is no difference in max stamina or recovery.

Few other things that probably don't matter:
    I am in AD, character level 17, crafting levels are 18-20, NA server on PS4

The set piece crafting stations allow you to craft non titled equipment also , did you switch the tab onto the titled option before crafting ? I have made ordinary gear at these stations by mistake too , a bit of a downer if you just used the last of your material to make them .
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go to a set forge you can craft the set items or you can craft regular items without the set bonuses. As Sozzy indicates it sounds like you crafted the non set items. Make sure when you preview the item before crafting it shows the set bonuses, use the crafting icon with the triangle on it for set items.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • krainsy
    krainsy
    Soul Shriven
    Yup I didn't notice the option to toggle set pieces on/off in the crafting menu. Now that you pointed this out it's extremely obvious, can't believe I missed it!

Thanks!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup I didn't notice the option to toggle set pieces on/off in the crafting menu. Now that you pointed this out it's extremely obvious, can't believe I missed it!

Thanks!

I made the same mistake when I first used the set piece stations... I guess everyone does the 1st time :)
    And once or twice when in a rush too lol.

Perhaps there should be a "Do you really want to craft normal gear" popup at these stations
    Edited by Rune_Relic on August 23, 2015 8:33PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup - done that before too! I've also accidentally "tried on" a piece of a set I made for a friend - doh!

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was all set to craft my first set armor, and then I got a couple of drops of set armor while out exploring. The set that dropped as loot is definitely a better set than what I was going to craft, so now I'm just tooling along trying to complete the set in loot drops.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sozzy wrote: »
    What it sounds like is that you didn't move along to crafting the set items and just crafted regular gear on the special table.

Yeah, I made that mistake the first time.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    common mistake. i did it the first time too.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too learned the hard way to look at the preview screen and make sure I am seeing Set Bonuses listed before I hit create.

Of course make sure the amount of mats is the right amount for the level you want to make. There is a maddening tendency lately to change up the mats amounts as you choose different things and as such, end up making something of a different level. Actually, I think the mats are staying the same, but since boots use less mats than the chest piece, you get higher level boots than you want.

And, of course, make sure the trait your applying is the one you want on that piece. Useful if you mix up the traits as most of us do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad. I did the same thing.

I just wish the bonus armor was the first tab, given it makes more sense.

• gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    (raises hand)

I did it once too...