Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

ESO comeback - need 2 basic builds for team of 2 (tank and dps)

Nolphi
Nolphi
✭✭✭
Hi all, my wife and I are making our glorious comeback to ESO! Congrats to us all!

We will be playing together mostly, I will be a tank and she will be my DPS mage. We were VR1 and VR5 where we left things off and the goal now is to play together and reach VR14 and then do a complete respec and settle into our final build. I did some research but the amount of info out there is staggering and most of it is end game with gear sets we could not possibly put together any time soon. So can someone please advice on the following:

- Basic VR1 Templar tank/heal build enabling we to draw agro and keep our duo alive.
- Basic VR5 Sorc DPS build, enabling us to quickly run through content

Overall the goal is to enable is to run through our 2 remaining factions quickly while still being able to have some fun with pledged, delves, etc. Very PvE focussed for now. Any tips?
Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolphi wrote: »
    Hi all, my wife and I are making our glorious comeback to ESO! Congrats to us all!

We will be playing together mostly, I will be a tank and she will be my DPS mage. We were VR1 and VR5 where we left things off and the goal now is to play together and reach VR14 and then do a complete respec and settle into our final build. I did some research but the amount of info out there is staggering and most of it is end game with gear sets we could not possibly put together any time soon. So can someone please advice on the following:

- Basic VR1 Templar tank/heal build enabling we to draw agro and keep our duo alive.
    - Basic VR5 Sorc DPS build, enabling us to quickly run through content

Overall the goal is to enable is to run through our 2 remaining factions quickly while still being able to have some fun with pledged, delves, etc. Very PvE focussed for now. Any tips?

Most of the story content is tailored for single player play. So with 2 of you, you can probably run through all of it just wearing pickup junk armor or just some crafted sets if you have issues with tougher bosses. Pledges you'll need better gear unless you can find 2 V14's willing to carry you through a dungeon set on lower level.

I'm doing Cadwell gold on a set of alts with my wife and friend. The 3 of us are all sorcs and from V1 to V7 we wore V1 crafted sets, and most of the time use random weapons for leveling them, not because we need to do huge DPS. My sorc is 50 in 2H, Bow, 1H+Shield, Destro, Restro and 48 in Dual Wield which I'll be maxing out shortly. Am also 50 in Light, Med, and Heavy armor, so when we reach V14 (or V16 in the future) we'll be able to pretty much play however we want since we leveled up everything.

My suggestion is setup primary bar for tank with 1H and Shield, and the Sorc with Destro staff. Then setup off hand with stuff to level up when fights are easy and when you turn in quests.

I haven't played a tank, but for a DPS Sorc, Magnus Gift and Seducer sets are pretty decent crafted sets to get you going.
    Edited by Soleya on August 23, 2015 2:10AM