Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Rebooting My Game

BabeestorGor
BabeestorGor
✭✭✭✭
Thinking about starting over due to my combination of perfectionism and inept character building
Way back when I started (ok, only a month ago) I read that it was good for every character to level up Alchemy and Provisioning so I did
Unfortunately I also gave my characters any Blue Recipes they got hold of so I now have 8 characters who all know Blue Recipes
No way are all 8 going to spend the skill points in provisioning but if they don't those wasted recipes will bug me their whole careers

So I start again
New characters get the benefit of a bigger bank, horse, stockpile of raw materials and a decent amount of cash
I shall plan them out carefully this time
Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
EU PC.
  • BaconMagic
    BaconMagic
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? Just respec. I don't get the issue. You're mad because you burnt the blue recipes on toons you don't want to do provisioning? Just respec as needed. You can level up every skill with every toon, and spec them when you're bored. You're never married to a build here.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    BaconMagic wrote: »
    Huh? Just respec. I don't get the issue. You're mad because you burnt the blue recipes on toons you don't want to do provisioning? Just respec as needed. You can level up every skill with every toon, and spec them when you're bored. You're never married to a build here.

Its not skills invested thats the problem. Its that all my character now have blue recipes known when I should've concentrated them on 1 character. My own fault and given that my characters aren't that high level yet probably not very important. Anyways I've done it now.

Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you're aware of the options.

I've recreated characters to change purely cosmetic choices before now, things even I would rarely notice. So I understand how even something that doesn't actually impact on playing can bug you.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that my first week or so with a new game will be devoted to experimenting with characters, deleting an recreating them while I come up with a final version.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    As long as you're aware of the options.

I've recreated characters to change purely cosmetic choices before now, things even I would rarely notice. So I understand how even something that doesn't actually impact on playing can bug you.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that my first week or so with a new game will be devoted to experimenting with characters, deleting an recreating them while I come up with a final version.

Yes, I have chronic restartitis.
    Still my new orc (same as the old orc in almost every respect) found the motif for Dwemer boots in the ruin on Stros M'Kai this morning so I'm happy atm.
    EU PC.