Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Psijic Ambrosia Recipe Fragments Definitely Stealth-Nerfed (PS4)

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I wanted to say that I along with many others on PlayStation 4 have noticed that there's something VERY wrong with the drop-rate involved with obtaining the fragments for the Psijic Ambrosia recipe fragments via daily writs. I've read over a few other threads with posts made similar about this, and ZOS has previously stated that they did not alter the drop-rates at all. Which as previously said, I along with many others noticed is inaccurate. For example, I personally have been doing the provisioning writ every single day since the patch has gone live. And have not gotten a single fragment. Not a single piece. Keeping in mind that RNG is a very real thing, I figured I'd ask around in the guilds I'm apart of (2 or so with well over 400 people). And they all managed to agree that the drop-rates were tampered with. Apparently after the first few days after the patch that enabled Psijic Ambrosia, the drop-rates were stealth-nerfed heavily. Still convinced that it was still random, I figured I'd test this with a few guild members in different guilds. And we all have come to the conclusion, that it's impossible for so many people to have such "bad luck". So please Zenimax, whatever you did? Please reverse it, because it's like a sick joke.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotal evidence is always 100% accurate I hear.

Bring some numbers to this thread and it might get a bit of attention from ZoS.

I'm not saying there is or is not a problem, but without any concrete proof, you won't get anywhere. Drop rates are already low on Psijic Fragments, 20, 50 or even 100 samples isn't large enough to draw any conclusions on a tampered drop rate. You'll probably need thousands of samples to show a 1% change in drop rate.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG.

I didn't get any before the last patch. And last week, I got two. Does that mean that they stealth increased it for me?
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wraith808 @redspecter23 You both have some pretty valid points. Lol, I forgot to include numbers to support my claims. Whoops. :D But anyway, we're talking approximately 230-245 people conducted these tests I previously spoke of. Some of which having multiple characters to do writs with. Me personally, only 1 character I was doing the writs on. And by the way, the provisioning writs done were Level 6. I suppose more data and numbers are required, in order for me to try and get a more accurate basis to go off of. And thus, the logs shall resume being kept of who gets what. I'll try to update as much as possible. ^_^
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whilst RNG is RNG, I do understand where the OP is coming from.

First week of the patch I picked up FOUR fragments.

After that week, zero. I mean, literally... zero.

*shrugs*
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never got a fragment on my 4 maxed level provisioners. Never. V14, v11, v10 and level 28. Been doing writs daily since they dropped the dam recipe. Skipped a few days but not many. RNG can be a nasty mistress.

That said I have read many complaining that there has been less lately. Maybe related to not doing regular maintenance on the server, but I dunno.
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on August 25, 2015 1:42AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't play on PS4.. but i have 5 max level VR chars doing prov writs every day. and i would say i get a piece of Ambrosia every 0.5 days
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • soyhodon
    soyhodon
    Been trying to buy fragment VI for 2 weeks now since my 3 max provisioners have not been able to get it yet arrrrrggggg. Some one send me an email with the price for it and I will respond to let you know if price is too steep, or fair or if I have already purchased it. Send ingame to @Soyel please.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been doing Provisioning writs on all 8 characters pretty much daily (only missed a couple of days) since the Ambrosia was introduced. Only one of my provisioners is top level, so my chances have been much lower than others who have all 8 top tier.

In any event, during all that time, I only received 2 fragments (#1 & #3) with my top tier provisioner. However, last night, my tier 2 provisioner received a fragment (unfortunately, it was #1 again).

I'm not on PS4, but on XB, and we didn't have a patch this week like you did, so maybe it did get nerfed. But honestly, RNG is RNG, as others have stated. And, as far as I know, a 5% chance (just pulling a number here, not saying that's the drop rate) is a 5% chance EACH time. It's not, you will receive 5 in every 100 chances.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    ive had none and i do top lvl writs, a guy in my guild whos level 13 has had 3, its pretty annoying.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Someone else is getting something I want and I haven't received it. Therefore, it has been nerfed!"

As some one else has said, RNG is RNG. Regardless of drop rate %s or other math you want to throw in.

I've completed a blacksmith writ everyday since console launch (rank 9 writs for the last month) and have not found one single Dwemer Chapter or any other motif and have only ever received 3 Legendary Tempers from them, to date. All while I've found more motifs from random urns in delves or other locations.

RNG is a stubborn one.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    "Someone else is getting something I want and I haven't received it. Therefore, it has been nerfed!"

As some one else has said, RNG is RNG. Regardless of drop rate %s or other math you want to throw in.

I've completed a blacksmith writ everyday since console launch (rank 9 writs for the last month) and have not found one single Dwemer Chapter or any other motif and have only ever received 3 Legendary Tempers from them, to date. All while I've found more motifs from random urns in delves or other locations.

RNG is a stubborn one.

Erm... I could be wrong, but I believe that Dwemer motifs can only obtained from either: The Crown Store, Dwemer Ruins, or other players. >_>
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Erm... I could be wrong, but I believe that Dwemer motifs can only obtained from either: The Crown Store, Dwemer Ruins, or other players. >_>

Although that is quite possibly entirely true, I've read in several areas that they do, while I haven't been able to find anything definitive that says you can/can't. At any rate, I started saving my writ packages for IC and the chance at getting Glass Motif frags.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭

Although that is quite possibly entirely true, I've read in several areas that they do, while I haven't been able to find anything definitive that says you can/can't. At any rate, I started saving my writ packages for IC and the chance at getting Glass Motif frags.

No, this is entirely true. Dwemer pages come from and only from Dwemer locations (delves, ruins, instances, etc..).
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    whyB wrote: »
    No, this is entirely true. Dwemer pages come from and only from Dwemer locations (delves, ruins, instances, etc..).

Like I said, quite possibly entirely true. However, again, nothing that said you can/can't. I still can't find anything, definitive, that says "only" dwemer locations or "can't be obtained" from writs. If you have that information or can point me in the correct direction, it would put a lot of my frustration at ease.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Siniztor
    Siniztor
    ✭✭✭
    i have 3 max provisioners vr14 vr9 and a level 8 ..ive gotten (as of yesterday) got my 7th fragment from writs.... 3 number 7's lol i ended up buying the last 4 fragments i needed for around 450k
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Austacker wrote: »
    Whilst RNG is RNG, I do understand where the OP is coming from.
    First week of the patch I picked up FOUR fragments.
    After that week, zero. I mean, literally... zero.
    *shrugs*
    agree.gif

One in the 1st week, zilch since then ...
    dry.gif
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Patch notes for update 5 explained that the Dwemer motif can be found in Dwemer ruins. There wasn't a word about any connection to crafting writs introduced in the same update. No later patch notes ever mentioned another method of acquisition until the motif was added to the crown store. Nobody ever received Dwemer pages from writs.
  • deadlykitten6
    I have 3 max level provisioners dropping in Craglorn. I have gotten 3 pieces. its going to be really rare like 2 percent. You may be better off farming for money and buying them on the guild traders
  • Saec
    Saec
    Soul Shriven
    i got 6 3 of them being duplicates fragments the first 7-9 days, after that nothing, zilch, nada, and im doing it with 2 crafters
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten 4 fragments on PS4 since launch, the most recent was Sunday, 9/13/15. RNG /flex
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to add, if you find a Dwemer Container outside of the Ruin, that can drop the Chapters too. It is where I got my first Chapter, was a pot right outside the door in Stros Makai. There are a couple of Dwemer ruins that have some pots scattered near the area, but not near the door like that. While I have not found a chapter in those, I do find Gears and Scraps, so I would imagine the Chapters would drop from the ones that are farther away.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Just to add, if you find a Dwemer Container outside of the Ruin, that can drop the Chapters too. It is where I got my first Chapter, was a pot right outside the door in Stros Makai. There are a couple of Dwemer ruins that have some pots scattered near the area, but not near the door like that. While I have not found a chapter in those, I do find Gears and Scraps, so I would imagine the Chapters would drop from the ones that are farther away.

It is the container type, not location. I got a Dwemer Motif page from an urn at the Undaunted Enclave, which for me is in a zone that does not have a single Dwemer ruin! The Undaunted Enclave has a wide variety of container styles, I suppose to make it look like the Undaunted have plundered sites all across Tamriel. So anywhere you see a dwarven style container, even if it is not near a ruin, loot it.

• MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 NA.

I have two lvl 50 provisioners with all provisioning skills maxed doing daily writs in Craglorn. I never miss a day.

I have received one fragment.

I'm not complaining, just reporting.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    It truly is random. I didn't receive my first piece until about 2 weeks ago, then since then I have gotten four. Just be patient and keep doing the writs or save up your money. And good luck to everyone still looking for them, including me! (C'mon I and IV)
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    I already got the recipe before IC, but I kept doing the writs... since the IC patch hit, I dont even recall ever getting a frag (doing the VI writ 4 times every day). I'm basically stuck with 6 fragments now, and missing one to complete a new recipe (I'm on PC/MAC NA servers btw)
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fragments are pretty rare and the RNG gods are very fickle. I have gotten 2 pieces so far. I have read that the rate increases with your level. So maybe I will get more once I level up a bit more.
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    The fragments are pretty rare and the RNG gods are very fickle. I have gotten 2 pieces so far. I have read that the rate increases with your level. So maybe I will get more once I level up a bit more.

Not quite, the drop rate increases with the skill points spent/writ "level":

1/6 = Provisioning Container I
    2/6 = Provisioning Container II
    3/6 = Provisioning Container III
    4/6 = Provisioning Container IV
    5/6 = Provisioning Container V
    6/6 = Provisioning Container VI

The higher "level" the container is, the higher the drop rate. 5/6 and 6/6 are also only unlockable when you get to veteran rank. Even if you have 6/6 but are not vet, you are stuck with getting the IV container.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite, the drop rate increases with the skill points spent/writ "level":

1/6 = Provisioning Container I
    2/6 = Provisioning Container II
    3/6 = Provisioning Container III
    4/6 = Provisioning Container IV
    5/6 = Provisioning Container V
    6/6 = Provisioning Container VI

The higher "level" the container is, the higher the drop rate. 5/6 and 6/6 are also only unlockable when you get to veteran rank. Even if you have 6/6 but are not vet, you are stuck with getting the IV container.

Thanks! But, I guess that means my odds are as good as they get, lol.
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    5/6 and 6/6 are also only unlockable when you get to veteran rank. Even if you have 6/6 but are not vet, you are stuck with getting the IV container.

Actually no, level 5 you can do before vet. Trust me, I have a bunch of (character) level 6 alts doing level V provisining writs.

Get your provisining level up to 50, get your recipie level up to 5/6 (or 6/6 if you want to spend the extra point), get your self a lift to cold harbour with somebody else. Go look for the ground keeper and do the quick tour, and then you will get the level V writs, even if, like me, your character level is only 6.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've received a total of 7 pieces of the recipe, one was a duplicate. I still need piece no. 2. This is with one character doing writs almost daily.