The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK tanking guide/build help?

Nyro87
Nyro87
Does anyone know of a basic DK tanking guide/build I can get a general idea off of for dungeons?
Edited by Nyro87 on August 26, 2015 11:29PM
  • Nyro87
    Nyro87
    Still looking for some general idea of where to start all the guides I seem to find are older.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on what kind of build you're going. For example how many attribute points do you have or want in Magicka,Stamina, and health.

Good tanking abilities are Hardened Armor, Green dragon or coagulated dragon blood, Dragon fire scale, Standard Might (ULT), Extended chains, Igenous Shield, Bone shield, Caltrops, Puncture, Heroic Slash, Shield Assault, Rally, Vigor, and Inner fire.

Hardened armor for that extra defence bonus, Dragons blood for burst heals (green provides increased stamina regen which is good for blocking/ while coag provides extra health which is good for burst heals).

Dragon fire scale reflects projectiles at an increased percentage that goes up to 35%.

Standard of might provides increased defence and dps plus it's an AoE (Area of Effect).

Extended chains to grab enemies out of a group for your team mates.

Igenous shield gives you n your team mates a shield (more for you) plus it gives you extra healing received.

Bone shield gives you n your team mates shields (more for team mates) plus you get increased healing received.

Caltrops for keeping agro as it hits the enemy constantly (it's low damage though).

Puncture provides taunt + gives a good reduction to the enemies armor thus improving your team-mates DPS.

Heroic slash gives you more ULT (don't have to tell you why that's good now do I? ;) )

Shield assault is good for mobility to hit the enemy first + gives your a damage shield + knocks down enemies aside from bosses ofc, pretty much it's a good opener!

Rally gives you burst heals and it uses your stamina so you essentially can have dragon's blood+ rally.

Vigor is the king of stamina based heals if you're not a templar (not sure if they have a stamina based heal). It provides excellent healing especially it's morph.

Inner fire is a all good around ranged Aggro which can help you get a good spot and aggro the boss from a distance.

Hope this helps out a lot
    - Maxwell
    Edited by MaxwellC on August 26, 2015 11:51PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Nyro87
    Nyro87
    Depends on what kind of build you're going. For example how many attribute points do you have or want in Magicka,Stamina, and health.

Good tanking abilities are Hardened Armor, Green dragon or coagulated dragon blood, Dragon fire scale, Standard Might (ULT), Extended chains, Igenous Shield, Bone shield, Caltrops, Puncture, Heroic Slash, Shield Assault, Rally, Vigor, and Inner fire.

Hardened armor for that extra defence bonus, Dragons blood for burst heals (green provides increased stamina regen which is good for blocking/ while coag provides extra health which is good for burst heals).

Dragon fire scale reflects projectiles at an increased percentage that goes up to 35%.

Standard of might provides increased defence and dps plus it's an AoE (Area of Effect).

Extended chains to grab enemies out of a group for your team mates.

Igenous shield gives you n your team mates a shield (more for you) plus it gives you extra healing received.

Bone shield gives you n your team mates shields (more for team mates) plus you get increased healing received.

Caltrops for keeping agro as it hits the enemy constantly (it's low damage though).

Puncture provides taunt + gives a good reduction to the enemies armor thus improving your team-mates DPS.

Heroic slash gives you more ULT (don't have to tell you why that's good now do I? ;) )

Shield assault is good for mobility to hit the enemy first + gives your a damage shield + knocks down enemies aside from bosses ofc, pretty much it's a good opener!

Rally gives you burst heals and it uses your stamina so you essentially can have dragon's blood+ rally.

Vigor is the king of stamina based heals if you're not a templar (not sure if they have a stamina based heal). It provides excellent healing especially it's morph.

Inner fire is a all good around ranged Aggro which can help you get a good spot and aggro the boss from a distance.

Hope this helps out a lot
    - Maxwell

Thank you, that's all I wanted is a general start. Pretty new tanking in mmos however I have healed and dpsed in so many mmos that I feel doing it here would bore me to death.