Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Game: What's Your Favorite Glitch/Bug?!

Shakenbake393
Since we the ESO community have been handed a plethora of bugs and glitches, let us hear what your favorites are! I'll start.

Although blue screens and loading screens in the middle of a fight are fun, I'd have to say my favorite glitch goes this way:

I see an enemy approach as I am in stealth. I think to myself, "Self, this is it. This poor fella is toast." I wait until the terrain is in my favor and I lunge out and strike. Perfect hit! My target is temporarily stunned. So far, so good..., but wait, something isn't right. I can't swing my sword! I can't activate my next ability. All I can do is run around in circles trying to dodge the counter attack (I can't actually dodge roll of course) while my sword does some sort of a half swing! I must look like the biggest idiot right now, both in the game and IRL as I'm helplessly mashing my controller as if that will somehow fix things. I'm either going to live though this and feel accomplished for having beat both my opponent AND the game, or I'm about to drink some hot, fresh tea (after all, serving up some fresh brew to a defeated ambusher is always nice).

So that's it, my favorite. Let's hear yours! While you're at it, I'd also love to hear when these wonderful experiences will be nothing more than a distant tale of olden times, when things were so perfect. (That's your queue to chime in [Z])
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    clearly a l2p issue
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    WW bug

popcorn_zpsph9tag7c.jpg

Flying Horses

flying%20mount_zps052wmwbn.png
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    I had 3 funny one happened to me.

1. It was like my 4th day playing and I finally got a horse and I was running and suddenly hit a invisible wall, but wait I am falling, but I am not falling? Dead out of nowhere for 360k from fall damage... Respawn in place made me fall through the ground.

2. Melee Staff, that one was funny. My staff weapon model was stuck in my hand no matter what I used, it only showed the staff as a weapon. Until...I died...

3. Out of Map exploration... Why? Because of this stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_hsPkCqp3Q
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the glitch where you fall/knocked down to the ground and you stay lying down while moving.
    Looks hilarious.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Shakenbake393
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    I love the glitch where you fall/knocked down to the ground and you stay lying down while moving.
    Looks hilarious.

Running in place waiting for the ground to load is quite fun too
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Was stealthed at Bruma anchor while afk. Got booted for being afk. Logged back in when I got in game I was falling from th sky ( was making the falling screaming in a loading screen) and then hit the ground. The best part is that I was dead near aleswell mine. Like half the map away. Made a clip I watch it the laughs.

As for exploits I don't use em. I know of plenty but I'm not weak or cheap.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Also love being killed by environmental damage or 0 (zero) damage. Xb1 btw
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Darien. Ever seen a weird lump like this before.. should I be worried? *unzip*

Q37aOj8.jpg
    Edited by Alucardo on August 30, 2015 2:06AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I always felt like the odd one out in my pack

0Eojgs2.jpg
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this cool glitch, that by farming experience points I can become stronger than everyone else. Was able to replicate on my lower level alts.

oYmFmHV.jpg
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It used to be the goblin horse surfing bug. Great fun riding into fights standing on your horse. After they fixed that it was the purge bug, which, after being fixed, is now a badly needed feature.

rip decibel
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Targeting a World Boss that has adds. Looks like it will be a bit rough. I slot Explosive Charge because I feel like there will be multiple opportunities to use it because of said adds, and to facilitate a bit of mobility (which I lack as a Templar.) Begin battle: Structured Entropy, Vampire's Bane (on boss,) into Explosive charge (to spike the adds a bit and make them easier to do away with.) Oops... locked into charge animation. FOR THE ENTIRE FIGHT I AM JUST STANDING THERE WITH A USELESS LASER SPEAR. I am just running around blocking and spamming "Q" because that's all that will work for a few minutes. Going into my inventory menu and/or character menu hoping that it will "reset" my character's actions so I don't have to be embarrassed when someone wanders up and sees me dead. Embarrassing. ;)
    Edited by Speely on August 30, 2015 2:15AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh and I forgot the ones where you can walk right into an enemy keep because the wall isn't there, or the Templar bubble bug with talons that can teleport you in random directions.

rip decibel
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen's territory is misplace on the Tamriel map and is in Stonefell. and I thought I found a secret area.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • Shakenbake393
    Today I 'fell' through the grates on the top of a keep while sieging it... I died from the fall damage.
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    I love the glitch were u are fighting some mobs in craglorn to get at some ore or wood and another player comes up and takes the ore or wood and runs off
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    This is my favorite glitch although no one else sees it when it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsYkGmVETlU

Quote: "By the power of my dagger, not daggerstaff."
    daggerstaff.png

This is called the Weapon Swap glitch which you use weapon ability and double weapon swap before ability is used.
    Edited by Xelrick on September 9, 2015 8:55PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The emote glitch which is the only glitch that is ok to keep in this game in my opinion.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's see...

#1 Using weapon effects (Grim focus, Evil hunter) and then swapping. Can be pretty cool when jumping, looks like you're sometimes holding an invisible blade.

#2 Charge stuck. Man, do I hate this one, takes a good 5 seconds to unstuck.

#3 Sometimes, randomly, the client has too much to load. Yep, you guessed it, the ground isn't loaded yet. Fall into OBLIVIOOOOOOOOON (includes random TP around the map while crafting. Because).

#4 Dragon leap and morphs. Between the "I leap and eat 2 loadings screens in a row", and the "I find myself TP-d 5km away from the fight, dead from a 2.4M damage fall (yes, I had this one. From BRK to above Sejanus, and I do mean above, like 50 meters above the outpost).

#5 AP drinks and food look nice, let's grab a bunch! *buys 50 of one*. Oh wait, there's no effect to eating those? Well, screw my AP then.

#6 Out of world exploration. There's a dungeon in which that happens to me like 50% of the time. And then I went to the border, only to be stuck in fall animation for 15 seconds, before being kicked for "spamming the server" (go figure), relog, and be dead of 100k+ damage fall.

#7 Getting CC'd by 1 NPC. 4. Times. In. A. Row. Because CC immunity is overrated anyway. Not only with NPCs by the way, WB has to be my favorite "chain CC you to death" ability, knockbacking you twice in a row, and then stunning you.

#8 Back from WW form to human. Wait, why am I invisible for like 10 seconds and can't use any skills?

#9 Skills getting stuck because of sprint / dodge roll / weapon swap when you lag a bit. When this happens in a fight...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the glitch which all abilities, even light and heavy attack seem to not work, but to others they are working. It was like l killed you without attacking._.

The WW in a chair.

Few dungeons have a camera point where all terrain/wall textures turn off and you see land behind it. One in Coldharbor at a doorway.

Oh yea Time travelling in Stonefalls and stealing alot of items out of towns with no NPCs around to stop you. (specific quest shown on my video with staff glitch)
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I played the PS4 version for the first time and I got stuck somewhere then tried to teleport to a shrine after that the whole game crashed reminded me of other crashes.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Let's see...

#6 Out of world exploration. There's a dungeon in which that happens to me like 50% of the time. And then I went to the border, only to be stuck in fall animation for 15 seconds, before being kicked for "spamming the server" (go figure), relog, and be dead of 100k+ damage fall.
    quote]

Got that this morning from Del's Claim.....then after getting logged back in, character just started fighting with sword, no help from me or controller......
    Edited by Lixiviant on November 13, 2015 8:24PM
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite by far was at the beginning in the game in the wailing prison. Before I walked into the prophets cell I caught on fire and poof! I was invisible, the rest of the tutorial went as normal (except I was invisible the entire time) and when I loaded into daggerfall I was dead. :D