The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Personality-Kit Synergy

Totalitarian
Totalitarian
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the kit of your character that you use for roleplaying (or any character at all) have a kit that fits their personality? If so, describe.
PC NA CP 531+
Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
Read their adventures!
The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Sola Auroron (including quotes she would say),

1. Breath of Life. I use this as a burst heal, which I really just use for quick patching up.
    "Come on, you guys can't keep yourself uninjured for a few seconds?"f
    2. Illustrious Healing. I use this as a close-quarters heal-over-time.
    "Stay together! Inside the circle! Just stay in it!"
    3. Lingering Ritual. This is used as a strong close-quarters heal. Highlighting Sola's aggressive personality with the support of healing.
    "Just hold on for one more second!"
    4. Blessing of Protection Used to fortify defenses of allies.
    "In front of my staff! Never mind, just stand still!"
    5. Cleaning Ritual. This is used to remove harmful effects.
    "Quit thinking you have this fight on your own! Just let the spell flow through you!"
    Ultimate 1. Rite of Passage The ultimate heal used in the middle of a group, used for both tanking and for healing in the most dire of situations.
    "Meridia, grant me your power, just once!"
    1.Breath of Life. Already discussed.
    "What? With how much you stand in the way of everything, I need this!"
    2. Force Siphon. Used to steal health away. (thinking about it, it fits in with the vampiric spell she knows in the letters I wrote on another post).
    "They're cursed, go on and take them out!"
    3. Rapid Maneuver Used to speed up allies.
    "Come on, we need to get moving. There're battles to be fought, and you are just standing around here."
    4. Spear Shards. Used to restore Stamina and Magicka, making Sola not just a healer.
    "Take the shards, I swear you'll feel a lot better! Don't just stand around!"
    5. Blood Altar. Used to create a spot to heal up on a lot of health (62% max health).
    "Come on, drink from it! It's safe, I swear!"
    Ultimate 2. Barrier. Used similarly to Rite of Passage (well, I still need to get my alliance rank high enough).
    "No, not like this! Hey, watch this!"

Well, the kit generally focuses around restoration, mainly with health. But some magicka and stamina. However, it should be noted just how close range the healing is, which is something that Sola would do. Her aggressive, fighting personality matches with her need in game to get in close to the battle in order to help.
    In the end though, she dies a lot in PVP because of her need to be in the middle of the battle.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    My kit contains whatever I could scrape up and use. I never considered whether it was fitting for me, just if it would kill that bl**dy level 16 mudcrab I made the mistake of giving a kick thinking it was a normal one and not something that apparently leapt out of Mehrunes Dagon's evil black minge.
    Edited by Rioghnan on August 21, 2015 2:02AM
    You die first!
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, something I learned from my mother, who taught me high school English: you can always find some kind of hidden meaning or motif in something. Always.

An example would be One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. There is an obvious Biblical allusion in it. I actually had to write an English paper on Biblical allusions in it. Then, after doing some more thinking, I found enough evidence to show that there were several other allusions to the Bible in it. You can always find some kind of correlation, meaning, or recurring theme in a book, movie, poem, and, as shown, even the kit in an ESO character. Sometimes, you just have to dig deep.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    I was writing from the perspective of Rioghnan. I'm sure his creator could come up with a few correlations :)
    You die first!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    that was an awesome depiction of a healer's train of thought. I have to now go and persuade my group's healer to post her stuff too.

BTW I never imagined drinking from the blood altar.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    @Totalitarian that is a really nice post, I enjoyed that summary. I do the exact same thing with my Khajiit Zarum, all his skill moves and buffs are all RP intertwined. Don't really want to delve too much into my character's build as Zarum is very secretive, but I feel I have to add a bit now.

Buffs are all prayers or quick rituals to either Jode and Jone for prowess or to Rajhin for stealth.
    1. Momentum -> Fang of Jode and Jone: Zarum raises his blade high into the moon's light calling upon the twin moon's strength.
    2. Expert Hunter -> Eye of Khajiit: Zarum taps into his natural animalist hunter, his eyes widen, pace quickens as he picks up any slight movement as a potential target.
    3. Blur -> Shroud of Rajhin: Zarum channels the aspect of one of Rajhin's Shadows, his movements becoming even swifter than normal.

Yeah... I substitute all the actual skill names as well. I'm that kind of nerd.
    GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum