Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Alliance Points Sets from Cyro after Imperial City: Whats going to happen?

Jotapgs1988
Jotapgs1988
Soul Shriven
I'm really worried, cause i had save a lot of AP and it seems that when Imperial City comes out there will be no AP vr16 gear, so, whats the plan?Anybody knows? When is the vr16 AP Gear going to be available? Any ideas? Thanks! :)
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well the new currency is gained from PVP zones so it wouldn't surprise me at all if AP sets aren't scaled at all. Pretty common in MMO's to have a new currency/token system for different tiers to force people to farm again.

I'm not on PTS though, did they outright say there will be no vr16 gear you can buy for AP or is it just not on PTS but perhaps will be added?
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    They have said that at the launch of Imperial City there will be no VR15/16 gear that you can buy with AP. That does not mean you will never be able to buy it with AP, but at least at first you will have to actually do the new content to get the best gear.

As @mklundub17_ESO said this is typical of MMOs and is designed to keep players from stock piling currency and having the best stuff from Day 1 of a new content launch. If I had to guess, I would say that you will be able to get VR15/16 gear with AP once most players could conceivably get it by playing the new content or once they introduce a new tier of gear and want to make it easier to catch up. But again that's just a guess based on what other MMOs do.