Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Can you change the stats you give to your horse?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
Like if i want to change the stats of my horse can i respec the points i put into the horse? or is there a way to start over.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can neither respec nor start over. The abilities are character abilities ("horse riding training"), not horse properties. This got changed some patches ago (I think in conjunction with 1.6.5, but not sure).

But there is no need. You can maximize all three stats. Just stop doing one and switch over to the other. It may take a while but you will get there. If you can't be bothered to wait, you have the option to use the crown store lessons to speed up the process.
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    Is 60 the max? I mean if you do the training and the crown store lessons? Will it add up or not?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    60 is the maximum you can achieve in each of the three stats, irrespective of source of training or horse you use.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    You can neither respec nor start over. The abilities are character abilities ("horse riding training"), not horse properties. This got changed some patches ago (I think in conjunction with 1.6.5, but not sure).

But there is no need. You can maximize all three stats. Just stop doing one and switch over to the other. It may take a while but you will get there. If you can't be bothered to wait, you have the option to use the crown store lessons to speed up the process.

how do i switch over
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just pay for the other stat. Whenever you go to the stable master, you get three options, either speed or stamina or capacity. Just chose the one you want.
    Edited by Leandor on August 20, 2015 10:43AM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Just pay for the other stat. Whenever you go to the stable master, you get three options, either speed or stamina or capacity. Just chose the one you want.

so can i just fully max stamina for my horse then switch to carry capacity?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mugetsu wrote: »

so can i just fully max stamina for my horse then switch to carry capacity?

if you have money for the oats.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. You can also do all three. Or put one point in each alternating and raise them at the same time. As said in my first post, you can max all three to 60, in what every sequence you aspire.

You just can't backtrack. Starting out with stamina and later realizing you prefer speed, you can't take the points from stamina and move them to speed.