Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

lvl 11 templar doesnt know how to make money...

Krazy_ADHD
title says it... whats a good way for me to start making money? collecting material and crafting?
  • Tamriels_Finest
    Hey Krazy,
    I am only a level 18 and first time through so I am in your shoes. I have found that just going through quests right now brings in the most loot. I have also been stealing weapons/armor from vendors to deconstruct and get raw materials, then turn around and use that to create weapons/armor to sell to the blacksmith. Its pretty time consuming sometimes but I am up to 17k gold so I am content. Hopefully that helps some.
  • Tamriels_Finest
    BTW, using the steal/deconstruct/create/sell method gets blacksmithing/woodworking/clothing skills up as well. A nice double win
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    At lower levels it can be hard to make money. The easiest way to earn quick cash is probably to steal items from cities and sell them to a fence (the green, blue, and purple items really add up).

You can also join a trading guild and sell stacks of raw crafting materials (the raw mats always sell for more than the refined mats). Selling alchemy ingredients in the guild store is another decent money maker.

Completing crafting writs earns you some decent money. And the gold from opening treasure chests is nothing to sneeze at either when you are at low levels.

You can also try your hand at fishing. If you skin the fish you catch, you have a chance of obtaining perfect roe, which sells for around 13,000g each on PC. Because the RNG for perfect roe is low, the profits from this are less reliable than other methods.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 20, 2015 3:03AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making money gets easier once you have leveled up all the crafting lines you intend to and no longer need to deconstruct everything. I wanna say don't worry about it but I know it can be hard when you want bank upgrades etc. Assuming you never sold anything to another player, when you reach vet ranks and don't have to decon everything you can make at least 5k every time you fill your inventory with mob loot, simply by selling it all to a vendor.

Also find out what items are rare and keep your eyes out for them. Rare items (like rare recipes, motifs, gear sets etc) can sell to other players for anywhere between 5-250k.

Another method for making money, once you get good at pvp, is by selling your ap for gold. An example is the Ring of Cyrodiil's Light. You can buy this for 248k ap from the elite gear vendor in cyrodiil, and then sell it for about 100k gold. There are other items you can do this with.

The advice from @Allyhoo811 is good too, I wrote this just to add to it.
    PC | EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    kill loot corpses, quest, loot containers, quest, steal, sell loot, fence stolen goods, loot, loot, loot, quest
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend