The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 help

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
The ESO game plays well but I do have some bugs that keep reoccurring. Having submitted a ticket it was suggested I delete saved data in system storage, I am sure they are correct by saying that it will not effect the game or characters by doing so, however I just like to be absolutely certain about things before I proceed. I understand xbox as the same options, has any one using either system done this, is it okay to do so without effecting the current level of the game?
Thanks
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    I had to do this after getting ui errors all the time , It doesn't affect anything .
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I had to do this after getting ui errors all the time , It doesn't affect anything .

Thanks, just played the game and one of the issues has appeared to been resolved. Had a bit of a scare when turning the game on, it asked me to choose EU or NA then adjust screen size, had me worried for a moment.

Edited by Artfuldodger on August 19, 2015 2:54PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All deleting your saved files does is reset your settings. So if you changed something like "invert analog sticks" it would reset that, or any camera settings you may have changed. All your character data is stored on the server, not your machine :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO game plays well but I do have some bugs that keep reoccurring. Having submitted a ticket it was suggested I delete saved data in system storage, I am sure they are correct by saying that it will not effect the game or characters by doing so, however I just like to be absolutely certain about things before I proceed. I understand xbox as the same options, has any one using either system done this, is it okay to do so without effecting the current level of the game?
    Thanks

Only thing it effects is your options, you will have to reset things like camera angle, auto loot, brightness, screen width
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    All deleting your saved files does is reset your settings. So if you changed something like "invert analog sticks" it would reset that, or any camera settings you may have changed. All your character data is stored on the server, not your machine :)

Not sure why they asked me to do that then, also not sure why I never knew that lol.

-Johnny Depp
  • StormPoet
    StormPoet
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Thanks

Only thing it effects is your options, you will have to reset things like camera angle, auto loot, brightness, screen width
    Actually the only thing it resets are your graphic, sound and controller settings. Individual settings such as FoV or Auto Loot or Hide Helmet are saved on the server as these are character specific settings.
  • BoozeKashi
    BoozeKashi
    ✭✭
    They asked you to do that because that is known to resolve some of the UI errors that read like "ingame.ua" blah blah blah

As others have said, completely safe to do so, you just have to reset any options you changed.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Went ahead and did it but made hardly any difference lol.
    -Johnny Depp
  • StormPoet
    StormPoet

This is an error that tends to re-occur frequently but the only way to fix it sometimes is deleting the file. On occasion the window pop-up has been known to prevent doing anything in game including closing it and that's the only way to fix it.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    StormPoet wrote: »

This is an error that tends to re-occur frequently but the only way to fix it sometimes is deleting the file. On occasion the window pop-up has been known to prevent doing anything in game including closing it and that's the only way to fix it.

I had to contact help again, they just repeated the deleting the file again, even saying to delete the game and reinstall which I am not confident enough to do. Playing my second character there are so many bugs in the game its laughable, fortunately I am quite relaxed by it and just let it pass most of the time, albeit its annoying.

-Johnny Depp