Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Need help with Vision Quest glitch

Bella97
Bella97
Soul Shriven
Already asked help desk twice no help there. Logged out several times - nothing. I'm supposed to give Tedras the stuff in the Arch mages lock box in the room with the library trap door. But he's not there and the Arch mages familiar with only say something like he likes mayhem and things go boom. I can't open the library trap door and can't complete the quest. Since I'm a sorcerer was wondering how this is going to affect my character? I'm level 24 really don't want to start all over
Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, this is in Shad Astula? This is completely a side quest and whether you do it or not has no change in the game outcome.

To reset a Quest, Abandon it and talk to the original quest giver again. But you probably dont' need to do that. This is a complex quest in that you have to do a bunch of things before you can go into the trap door.

Now, have you done the Pond Puzzle, the quest with the rock you have to jump up on and the thing with the chickens? Those three things need to happen before you can go into the library trap door
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bella97 wrote: »
    I tried to go back to the docks to see if I could start the quest over again.

Did you collect the Scorched Scamp stuff? Or Illusion Dust?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vision_Quest

If you did, then go into your Journal and Abandon the Quest, then go find the original quest giver again. You should be able to find them either on the docks at the school or up in the building where the mages are (look for the quest marker).

Note, you may have to leave the school then come back to get the quest marker to show up, use the Wayshrine if you need to do that.

Answer ✓
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    If you get the glitch where someone you need to talk to isn't there, it will usually resolve itself if you completely log out of the game and then log back in. This will put you in a different phase of the instance where you can (typically) complete the quest.

I have heard that on console you often have to completely power down/unplug your system to get this to work.
    Answer ✓
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it get fixed for you. Good luck. :)
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bella97 wrote: »
    Thank you. I was able to finish the quest. :)

Yay!!!

It is really fun series of quests, too bad it glitched on you.

Answer ✓
  • Bella97
    Bella97
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, thank you for your response. I have done everything and my next objective is to talk to Tedras. But he's not there. I tried to go back to the docks to see if I could start the quest over again. But no one will talk to me. There are only 2 people on the dock at Moulhun (sp?).
  • Bella97
    Bella97
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you, I'll try that. I'm logged off now so I'll try tomorrow. Thanks again for your help. :)
  • Bella97
    Bella97
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. I was able to finish the quest. :)