Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Help with racial motif

TERROR26
TERROR26
Soul Shriven
okay, so I could just being an idiot here and just missing something really obvious, but i got orc, reguard and breton motif books, i read them all, says I have l learned said styles, but when i go to craft, it tells me i need to learn, now I'm a little confused here as shouldent the style just be given to me as soon as i read the book? 11863259_10206008162897888_7607864674027334319_n.jpg
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    im on ps4 by the way (which should be made obvious from picture but i feel console doesnt matter for this issue too much)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Did you learn them on with this character? Crafting motifs are not account wide.
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Did you learn them on with this character? Crafting motifs are not account wide.

i did indeed allyhood i only did it all last night
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Log out and then log back in? I know that when I used my motifs, that it took a few minutes for the changes to register before I could start crafting with the corresponding material.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Log out and then log back in? I know that when I used my motifs, that it took a few minutes for the changes to register before I could start crafting with the corresponding material.

hmm ill try that, thanks, hopefully it works
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about this but I think the motif books you've learned are recorded in the book collection, so maybe look there to see if you can find any trace of them?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it was not just not part of the motif. Like weapons only or something?
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Are you sure it was not just not part of the motif. Like weapons only or something?

Only the Dwemer motif currently works like this. The rest are all complete books only.
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this but I think the motif books you've learned are recorded in the book collection, so maybe look there to see if you can find any trace of them?

no no, ive read the books, all three and then it told me i have learned said style, but it still wont let me craft, ive tried login in the whole shebang, just confused is all
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TERROR26 wrote: »

Sometimes you have to access multiple crafting stations for the game to register that you have learned the motif. A relog would probably sort this most of time. But I have had to access different stations for the game to realize i know the motif a couple of times.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    TERROR26 wrote: »

Sometimes you have to access multiple crafting stations for the game to register that you have learned the motif. A relog would probably sort this most of time. But I have had to access different stations for the game to realize i know the motif a couple of times.

nah not working at all
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on your screenshot you have no Manganese on you or in your bank...get some.

To craft racial styles you will need:
    1. Learn motif by reading it.
    2. Level appropriate metal ingots for the level item you wish to craft.
    3. Racial style material...for Orc its Manganese.

If you are missing any of these three you will not be able to craft the item.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on August 18, 2015 3:36PM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has 6 Manganese, it looks like to me.

Have you tried any different crafting stations?

Contact Customer Support by phone and ask them about this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if you have an alt character you play, check to make sure that you didn't accidentally use you motifs on it. If not, follow @Nestor's advice.
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    Is it doing it will all the styles or just Orc?
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    RyuLevone wrote: »
    Is it doing it will all the styles or just Orc?

its doing it with the tree styles i unlocked from books, so redguard, breton and orc
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    Based on your screenshot you have no Manganese on you or in your bank...get some.

To craft racial styles you will need:
    1. Learn motif by reading it.
    2. Level appropriate metal ingots for the level item you wish to craft.
    3. Racial style material...for Orc its Manganese.

If you are missing any of these three you will not be able to craft the item.
    Nestor wrote: »
    He has 6 Manganese, it looks like to me.

Have you tried any different crafting stations?

Contact Customer Support by phone and ask them about this.

yeah i have 6 of them, i am the right level, and everythings fine i just cant craft and yeha i have contacted them, hopefully they shall respond soon! thanks for all the replies guys, it's good when you get forums where people actually help haha
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this works out for you. Just curious, can you craft your own racial gear? Or is it the problem just for the learned motifs?
  • TERROR26
    TERROR26
    Soul Shriven
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Hope this works out for you. Just curious, can you craft your own racial gear? Or is it the problem just for the learned motifs?

just the learned motifs hey,
  • belly2504
    belly2504
    Stupid question but is it just when you try craft Orichalc gear or all gear. For example can you craft Iron gear in that style?
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    belly2504 wrote: »
    Stupid question but is it just when you try craft Orichalc gear or all gear. For example can you craft Iron gear in that style?

See, I was thinking the same thing. That they were trying to craft something that they hadn't learned yet, be it the material or a trait or whatever, but the fact that it says that the style they're trying to use hasn't been learned yet is throwing me.