Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Need help in learning to level Werewolf Transformation Skill beyond I

Glaiceana
Glaiceana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok so I'm trying to understand how to level the werewolf transformation skill, in order to start getting morphs.
I followed guides online and basically played werewolf lots and farmed in low level areas. This resulted in me getting a level 10 werewolf and all of the skills. However, the transformation skill is still at the first level, it needs to be 4 to get the morphs.

On one side I'm told to farm and just devour and keep using the skills, on the other side, I was told not to devour and that its just using the ultimate as many times as possible. I've tried both ways and it still isn't moving the transformation skill very far at all.

Anyone have any tips at all?
Edited by Glaiceana on August 17, 2015 10:47PM
Priests of Hircine
Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
Our total free bites: 7000+
Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
Total Champion Points: 1000+
Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
Playing since July 2015!
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Farming low level mobs will give you the ranks as expected, but only by having the ww skills and ultimate on your bars will they gain exp. Devour all you want to sustain the timer, but if you put the ultimate or basic skills on your normal skill bars and earn exp against mobs within 5 levels of you then you'll start leveling them. Can't morph skills on underleveled mobs since they give no exp.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Farming low level mobs will give you the ranks as expected, but only by having the ww skills and ultimate on your bars will they gain exp. Devour all you want to sustain the timer, but if you put the ultimate or basic skills on your normal skill bars and earn exp against mobs within 5 levels of you then you'll start leveling them. Can't morph skills on underleveled mobs since they give no exp.

Ok so even though the WW skills appear in a new bar when in WW form, you still need to have them in one of the 2 skill bars, despite them not being usable?
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »

Ok so even though the WW skills appear in a new bar when in WW form, you still need to have them in one of the 2 skill bars, despite them not being usable?

Correct, or gaining exp while in wolf form since your bar will be full of the skills. This is the same as the guild skill trees, where you need to do one thing to unlock the skills but then gain exp to level them.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming low-level mobs mean that you aren't getting any XP, which means that none of your skills will gain XP. Go fight higher-level mobs.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »

Correct, or gaining exp while in wolf form since your bar will be full of the skills. This is the same as the guild skill trees, where you need to do one thing to unlock the skills but then gain exp to level them.

Thank you for clarifying this!
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    Farming low-level mobs mean that you aren't getting any XP, which means that none of your skills will gain XP. Go fight higher-level mobs.

Thanks! I was only grinding low level ones as that's what the guides all seem to say. And well it does work to some extent, got to level 10 werewolf in about an hour, its just the other stuff didn't change, which was actually more important.
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!