Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Group Dungeon and Vet Rank

T_Destroy3r
T_Destroy3r
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I'm curious about something. My player is very close to reaching veteran rank, however, I still have about 10 of the group dungeons to complete. Am I still able to complete these on Normal mode as a Veteran rank player? Or do these automatically become veteran rank dungeons once I reach Veteran? I ask because I'd hate to miss out on the skill points.

Thanks!
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can.
    The "Veteran dungeon" is actually not referring to the level of mobs inside, but the challange. It's another story, usually the continuation where the normal finished.
    Dungeon will always scale to the level of the group leader. So if you vet lvl 5 and hit a dungeon normal mode, you get story1 but the mobs are vet5.

In the group finder you can set the mode of the dungeon.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • T_Destroy3r
    T_Destroy3r
    Soul Shriven
    Great, thank you! I assumed that because of the setting in the Options menu, but just wanted to be sure.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, in some ways it's much better to wait until you're VR1+ to do the group dungeons for the first time. That's because your one-time quest XP is scaled to your level (so is the quest reward, but that's less important because you'll probably just vendor it or deconstruct it anyway), so you'll get more benefit out of it if you wait.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)