Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Can somebody explain trading to me?

ALLST6R
ALLST6R
Soul Shriven
So I am brand new to ESO, a super noob. I'm level 12 and I mostly run around collecting crafting materials and doing the odd quest.

I'm at the point where I want to make money through trading, but I'm finding it pretty difficult to find information. Can somebody help a brah out and give me a quick run down?

What guilds should I be joining to sell my stuff?
What sort of items are good for stocking and selling? (Any links to videos or posts with the info are welcomed)

Man wants to make some money.
Be a brah and help a nooby brah out
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can join any guild with +50 members to trade. they will have a trading post. However, the guilds with a trader are better cause that means non-members can buy your stuff. The better the location, the better you can sell your stuff. However, the good locations cost money and those guilds don't run charity. so the guilds with the top locations are asking for a member fee or a certain amount of weekly revenue, just so they have enough income (tax) to pay for the trader.

If you play on the PC I canr eally recommend the master merchant add on. it helps a lot on tracking trades and getting price checks.

I also recommend to just look at the traders (your own guilds, but also others) see what is on there, and what isn't. Also look at how long items are on their. That should help a lot on finding out what sells well and what not.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    However, the good locations cost money and those guilds don't run charity. so the some guilds with the top locations are asking might ask for a member fee or a certain amount of weekly revenue, just so they have enough income (tax) to pay for the trader.

Fixed it for you.

@OP :
    If you want to make "easy gold" at lower levels I recommend selling plants (alchemy ingredients). Many high-level players run builds that require constant use of potions, so they use A LOT of them, much more than they could gather themselves, and most times they don't care farming themselves since they swim in gold. What will be little money vs. big time for them will be a lot of money vs. little time for you.

You're questing anyway, so you'll run across many alchemy nodes anyway, won't cost you much time to gather them. You can find them in all zones at any level since they're not level-restricted (water only is). So join one of those big end-gamers trading guilds, invest a few skill points in order to see the nodes from afar, collect the plants and sell them. You'll be rich in no time.

• ALLST6R
    ALLST6R
    Soul Shriven
    @OP :
    If you want to make "easy gold" at lower levels I recommend selling plants (alchemy ingredients). Many high-level players run builds that require constant use of potions, so they use A LOT of them, much more than they could gather themselves, and most times they don't care farming themselves since they swim in gold. What will be little money vs. big time for them will be a lot of money vs. little time for you.

You're questing anyway, so you'll run across many alchemy nodes anyway, won't cost you much time to gather them. You can find them in all zones at any level since they're not level-restricted (water only is). So join one of those big end-gamers trading guilds, invest a few skill points in order to see the nodes from afar, collect the plants and sell them. You'll be rich in no time.

gracias. good to get a bit of insight. been a while since i played an MMO. and ive no where near as much time on my hands as i did a few years ago. this will help a lot.
    Be a brah and help a nooby brah out