Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[Provisioning] Best loot areas for ingredients?

wellerrocks
wellerrocks
✭✭
Hi guys!

I aim to max out my provisioning as I have just finished blacksmithing and I need a tip on the best place to loot ingredients. I have an area with about 64 crates and barrels to loot etc. I would like to see if anyone else has anywhere even better?

Thanks!:)
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    There's a good amount of stuff in coldharbour. You can loot in all the stores and homes without stealing, as well as guild trader kiosks. Delves are loaded with provisioning ingredients. Hit coldharbour and two delves and you'll have plenty to get near 50. Unlock Blue recipe improvement and make as many of the highest level recipes you have. Buy recipes from guild traders.

I leveled provisioning from 9-50 this weekend with hardly any effort at all. Prolly would've taken two hours or less if I did it straight through.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlock Blue recipe improvement and

You get the same inspiration from Greens as you do Blues and Purples. The very first Blue or Purple you make gives you extra Inspiration, but after that Greens are just as good as Blues.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I just leveled provisioning yesterday and it sure seemed that i was getting more for blue. Regardless, it's incredibly easy and fast.
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys!

I aim to max out my provisioning as I have just finished blacksmithing and I need a tip on the best place to loot ingredients. I have an area with about 64 crates and barrels to loot etc. I would like to see if anyone else has anywhere even better?

Thanks!:)

Not sure which faction you are in or what level you are currently, but in the lower right corner of Shadowfen there's a Kajiit ship and bandit camp called Sunscale Strand. If you're in Ebonheart they're level 38 enemies. Lots of barrels and crates to loot and the cabinets in the ship frequently drop recipes. I'd rail through the camps and the ships, log out and back in and then do it again. Seasoning and melons abound here!

If you're far enough in your quests to get to The Hollow City in Coldharbour, you can loot the entire town without stealing. If you've not unlocked the city yet then there isn't much to loot - the magic happens when you gain access to the houses and whatnot.

Happy leveling!
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • wellerrocks
    wellerrocks
    ✭✭
    Thanks everybody, I tried the ship and it worked perfectly:)

Up to level 50 already, try the ship if anyone needs it it is a great spot!

Cheers,
    weller
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody, I tried the ship and it worked perfectly:)

Up to level 50 already, try the ship if anyone needs it it is a great spot!

Cheers,
    weller

Well done! Congrats!

Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • thexpr0d1gy
    thexpr0d1gy
    Soul Shriven
    Anybody got a spot for a low level character. In Aul. Dom. Thx!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody got a spot for a low level character. In Aul. Dom. Thx!

Auridon has a few places to farm, but I think it would be better to go into a delve that has humans in and run laps. You get loot and experience and ingredients. I have never checked the ships in Skywatch, those might be good places to loot.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"