Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Question about character/skill respec

Kamatsu
Kamatsu
✭✭✭✭
How does the character skill respec work in regards to skill progress?

So I know that when you do the skill point respec you will get all your skill points back, but how does this effect the progress on/with skills?

- Say you had gotten a skill up to level IV and ready to be morphed, then respecced the point out... then later on respecced the point back - would you get the skill back at the 'ready to morph' state, or would you have to regain all that skill xp again?

- Also, say you had morphed a skill then respeced out of that skill. If/when you respecced back... would you have to rebuild xp to be able to morph it again, or would you straight away be able to morph it to whichever morph you wanted?

While I'm here, is there anyway to search for a specific item in guild npc vendors?
o_O
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't lose any skill progress when you respec. It will be right where you left off. If you had that skill ready to morph, it will still be that way if you decide to pick it up again later.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's good to hear, so means I can skill up skills and then respec out and back as I desire.

A question in similar vane - respec cost's, is it a fixed cost no matter how many times or an escalating cost?

If it's an escalating cost, does the cost ever go down, or reset back to base/default, or just keep on increasing?

I ask as I'm considering respeccing points to put some more points into stuff I want while leveling... but since I'm only fairly new to ESO I am not rich (I have like 10K gold in total).

I'm currently level 21 with points in 2H, Bows & DW, however I am only using a 2H weapon, while also having DW passives as I initially was DW'ing but switched to 2H. What I'm thinking of doing is dropping all the DW passives, DW skills and Bow skills and using those points in getting the crafting passives which allow me to learn 2+ traits at a time.

The only reason I have bow & DW skills now, since switching to 2H, is to level those skill lines - ie have 1 skill on the bar so when I get xp those weapons get xp as well. Since progress on each skill is kept... I feel like I can respec out of them, gaining me 4 skill points to use elsewhere... while still keeping 1 DW skill on my bar to level DW up, then as I level I can use skill points in the last DW skill to get it up to point of morphing & other bow skills to use them to get bow up.
    o_O
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm here, is there anyway to search for a specific item in guild npc vendors?

If on PC you can use an add on. I suggest Awesome Guild Store to enable a text search.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I have bow & DW skills now, since switching to 2H, is to level those skill lines - ie have 1 skill on the bar so when I get xp those weapons get xp as well. Since progress on each skill is kept...

When leveling skills, put those you wish to give a big boost to on your bar just as you turn a quest in. Then put usual skills back on bar. I use an add on called " skill swaps" to do this with a quick key bind.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The price to respec is based on the total number of skill points you have. You can choose to respec all of your skill points or only change your morphs (which is less expensive). The price to respec never goes down; it just keeps increasing as you spend more skill points. However, as you become higher level (and subsequently have more skill points), it becomes easier to make money...So the cost to respec is not terribly cost prohibitive.