Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Good, newbie friendly class and build for PvE?

Rapthorne
Rapthorne
✭✭
I'm looking for a good class and build to use in PvE, as many build guides seem to either be over a year old or designed for people with access to maxed out alts for gearing up. Can anyone make any recommendations for someone 100% brand new to the game (started yesterday).

Currently I'm using night blade, but in melee I die very quickly and in ranged I have to endlessly kite while not dealing much damage. My NB is level 7 right now
  • pjkreese
    pjkreese
    sorcerer with summons
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    pjkreese wrote: »
    sorcerer with summons

Would you be able to be a little more specific? I'm completely new, so I don't know what sort of build a summoning sorcerer would have
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is nice. You can dps and heal yourself better. I'd have restore staff as backup and get it to the passive level where heavy attacks give back mana.

Got me to v12 before I started to work on my DK.

Best of luck!
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • pjkreese
    pjkreese
    Summon clannfear and winged twilight will tank while you pop crystal shards.
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    I was a mmo noob too, and started a NB also. The first thing in my experience, is to get a good healing skill, like strife,
    When leveling a NB, mark target and the different morphs will help out too.

The assassins blade (assassin skill-line) morph killers blade, is great.
    Same with twin slashes morph blood craze.

These skills will help out greatly at low levels.
    NB healing is focused on stealing health or increased helth by killing your target. This is quite in theme with the NB 'role' of high potential burstdamage towards single opponent at a time.

Basically you can easily go on a killing spree in a multi enemy enviroment, by focusing healing+damage skills at one enemy at a time. This will keep your health up. In a boss fight with a strong boss that spawns other enemies, don't fret, focus your damage and health skills towards these, get your health back up and re-attack the boss. The spawns arebasically walking health potions for a sawwy NB.

If you generally feel too squishy, try crafting armor with reinforced trait, add health glyphs to all armor or use heavy armor until you're more sure of your game style. You can always respec in the capitla city of alliance area number two (not starter islands).

NB's aren't more squishy than the other classes, they can use the same armors and weapons skills as the other classes.
    Only difference is healing comes from killing single targets, instead of insta-self heal spells.

I'm still killing with my NB btw since console launch

Edit: oh don't underestimate basic fighting,

blocking when enemy does a heavy attack (sparkles gold) will mitigate his damage and disorient him, leaving him open for crit heavy attack.

Bash when an enemy does a special attack (sparkles red) will also disorient him and leave him open for a heavy crit attack.

Dodging is important too, because it will ignore any damage even if you're still inside an AOE (IME)

When you're somewhat leveled, you can begin to cast above mentioned finisher skills on one enemy, the focusing on another, and returning your attention on the first afterwards, getting full health restored after finishing the two. It's quite fun and satisfying playing around like this. High risk action fun
    Edited by gamsir on August 16, 2015 9:07PM
  • BaconMagic
    BaconMagic
    ✭✭✭
    They're all pretty easy. This whole game is easy as long as your fighting NPCs/mobs. Pick what's interesting to you and roll with it. Keep a skill from each of your class skills on your bars at all times to level up the skill group, even if you hate the low level skills.