The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very new to RP, Very interested!

Drew2KX
Drew2KX
As stated above, I'm quite new to the concept of roleplaying, but I'm very interested in participating.
I would really want to learn the basics, and how to involve myself (without looking completely new at it, although I'm sure it's inevitable!).
Would there be a guild out there somewhere that would take a roleplaying amateur under their wing?
Perhaps it's best to forewarn you that I am vocally impaired and speak sign language, so I don't know how that would help or hinder my participation.
In any case, I'd certainly be willing to learn what this roleplaying world can add to my game play experiences.
If anyone can help, I'd be much obliged!
Thank you, ESO world!

-Andrea

PS4/NA/DC
PSN: CardSlinger21
  • huntr5000
    huntr5000
    Soul Shriven
    Without text chat RPing would be difficult to do given your circumstances. That said, it definitely isn't impossible! My Turtle Beach headset just started acting up and the mic on it no longer works, so I'd be unable to speak to others as well (unless I use the built in mic from the PS eye, which I hate doing!!). So, I'd certainly be willing to do some casual roleplaying if we could figure out a way to effectively communicate...
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    A few basics on RP:
    Don't stray too far from the established lore. Most bits and pieces can be reasonably bent so long as you can have a sound reason for why you're bending it (don't pull a "because it fits my character's plot!" reason).
    Be considerate of other players. Don't force other's characters into how they react to your character's action/quote/etc. You emote your character, they emote their characters.
    A side note on consideration, give them a couple minutes to reply. Also, don't post several short emotes. Some players may end up waiting longer to see if there's more lines. Try to stick to one good post, even if it ends up short. I'm the type to be annoyed by the multiple short posts, I'm not sure how many others are like this.
    Absolutely no God-modding. If a person in the real world can't pull a real sword out of their butt, throw off anyone holding them in a "master lock" wrestling hold and slash a hole in the opponent, your character shouldn't be able to.

If you want to, you can always stalk others that are role-playing to see how it goes.
    Sometimes, it's possible to join without intruding (or just ask). If you join without asking first, then asked to leave, please bow out of it. Some may be RPing a private event/story.
    Edited by thunderwell on August 15, 2015 6:59PM
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Drew2KX
    Drew2KX
    These are exactly the facets of roleplaying I wanted/need to know! This sounds like I could really enjoy an experience with it.
    Sadly, I'm not sure if it's something I could ever partake in, speaking sign language.
    Maybe just listening in.
    Or written roleplay in a forum somewhere.

Add this one to the list of things I might have to sit on the sidelines for.
    - Karaoke
    - Drive-thru windows
    - Air traffic controller
    - Call girl operator
    - TESO roleplaying

I'll survive.
    -Andrea
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be worth considering buying a PC copy of the game.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Wolfsong
    Wolfsong
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't give up just yet! I've RPed in a couple different areas where it was unconventional and a little difficult to do, but with a little extra work, was completely do-able. You could do a group chat on the ps4 itself. This would be easy for anyone to do, because it is a feature built into the ps4. This method can be a pain though, because you have to close the game screen, and jump back and forth. Another idea that I think might work better, would be to have everyone in the group use an app that has group chat (such as Skype) on a mobile device or laptop. That way, you can still see what is happening in the game, and be able to text chat at the same time as well. I am willing to RP as well, if you're still willing to give it a try. :)
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    It was mentioned that chat boxes for the console(s) are being implemented in the next patch.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Drew2KX
    Drew2KX
    I'm curious to see if that text function actually comes to fruition.
    Not just for RP reasons, but the convenience of being able to communicate effectively in a vet dungeon.
    Nothing urks me more than trying to heal three other people in different corners of a room.

I suppose all I was looking for is a method of expanding my experience with ESO, which to a degree, I suppose I have with my Guild.
    I did somewhat of a keyboard-based roleplay before with Final Fantasy XI, and I suppose I'm just looking to enjoy something similar.

I'd more than accept any of you folks' help and companionship in game, and if its any help, I like to think I have a judo grip on the English language and grammar.

Find me on PS4 with the Daggerfall Covenant.

Cheers, hope to see you soon!
    -Andrea

PSN: CardSlinger21
  • Thiskers
    Thiskers
    ✭✭
    Andrea, add me via psn.

PSN: Thisk

If chat boxes are implemented in game, I will be right there with you on learning RP. If they don't we could quest together.

Currently level 13 DK
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a tablet or a smartphone, you can get the PSN app and chat without leaving the game. Yeah it is still a clunky way to communicate, but better than leaving the game for every message you send or receive. I too am hoping that someday soon we will be able to RP normally within the game.
    PS4 Pro NA