The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DF PS4 EU Azura Star... What are we doing?!

wellerrocks
wellerrocks
✭✭
Hi Guys.

I am a veteran 5 DK and my brother, a Vet 14 DK. We have a small group of vet 5+ and yesterday we went and took Fort Dragonclaw on our own without a struggle, I Think it was 12 of us. This morning I come on to having 2 castles and no scrolls and EH having all 6 and nearly all castles. Now, my following rants are below:

- EH just move in numbers, a group of 100 plowing through the castles and they are literally unstoppable. Why do DF not understand this and match them up?! We currently have Warden and Rayles which leads on to one castle: Glademist. I am running there and arriving with about 5 other DF members and we get destroyed by about 50 EH members. Which leads on to my next rant...

- Where are all of DF?! Right now there is clearly only one castle we need to attack: Glademist. And for some reason there is no one there?! DF Is full at the moment so where the heck is everyone if they arent trying to push out? I dont care what level you are, I have a level 30 friend who survives giant attacks when there is a large group of us!

- AD. Why? You are also in the same position as us, being overrun by herds of EH. Why do you still push towards us although we have no scrolls? Do you just hate blue or just hate us? You are gaining the tiniest score bonus when you could go for the castle that is closer to you which contains a SCROLL! Unbelievable. You are clearly struggling too, work with us and push them back, it is a no brainer!

Phew, Thanks! :p

-wellerrocks
  • wellerrocks
    wellerrocks
    ✭✭
    - Oh and also if you are level 11, use the NON-VETERAN campaign because it is no fun getting mortalled in every battle, let a more experienced player come online and help out and enjoy your experience somewhere where you can experience the full battles and breaking into castles?! They are there for a reason, use them!
  • OldeDevlin
    OldeDevlin
    ✭✭
    The main problems for DC:

-We have far fewer players than the other two sides. Even when we fill our third of the server, the majority are low levels.

-Most of the DC players seem to have absolutely no understanding of tactics or interest in the scoring system. My guild have 6 players within the top 10, including the top spot. This evening we were taking keeps on our own, about 15 of us, while 30-40 other DC players were attacking the closed red gate, seemingly unaware that 1) they couldn't get through it, and 2) they were just easy targets for the red zerg.

-Most DC players seem to have East syndrome, just as the reds seem to have West syndrome. It doesn't matter what's happening, who owns what, or what's at stake...the majority of clueless players want to head east from Glademist while the reds head west from Chalman. Why either side hasn't yet figured out that if they head south, there are yellow keeps to take too, I'm not sure.

-The other two factions zerg in huge numbers, where as our guys are too busy running off (East...always east) in pairs.

-Their 'top' players always surround themselves with large groups, and LOTS of emperor-worshiping healers.

-All of the previous issues are the reason we never get emperor, which gives overpowered buffs to the emperor and his/her faction.

-Lastly, I think a lot of our players are just playing a game, where as a number of players for the other factions seem to live in ESO, and take it veeeery seriously. One guy who I killed the other day sent me a PSN message, trying to talk smack. Then later when he killed me, he did the same again. I congratulated him on pressing some buttons, and killing somebody in a game where the aim is to kill lots of people. It took the wind out of his sails, but that's the mentality of some of the opposition I've come across...people who tie their sense of achievement to a video game, and therefore take it veeeery seriously.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldeDevlin wrote: »
    -Most DC players seem to have East syndrome, just as the reds seem to have West syndrome. It doesn't matter what's happening, who owns what, or what's at stake...the majority of clueless players want to head east from Glademist while the reds head west from Chalman. Why either side hasn't yet figured out that if they head south, there are yellow keeps to take too, I'm not sure.

Holy crap I was literally saying this to my friend while we we're pvp-ing the other day we thought we were the only one's that noticed this. This is 100% the main reason AD dominate 2/3's of the map unchallenged most of the time.

AD zergs are just that. Zergs. They seem to have no real organisation and I've seen them easily confused and defeated by lesser numbers and superior tactics. EP seem to always rally around their current emperor (who is always seems to be a magicka DK incidently and not always the same player) and fight with them in massive organised gangs.

As for being outnumbered while I feel this is very true across multiple servers we do have a strong presence on Asura's but our faction is often split fighting against AD and EP as both the other factions seem to almost bully us. I've seen this multiple times. I do say seem because with the east west syndrome betwen us and EP and the fact that AD just seems to decide to push wherever it can really screw us over at times. It will be truly horrible if Imperial City requires us to hold 6 home keeps in order to gain access. AD will have constant 24/7 access unchallenged while the rest of us will be left squabbling over keeps in the north if this continues.
    - Oh and also if you are level 11, use the NON-VETERAN campaign because it is no fun getting mortalled in every battle, let a more experienced player come online and help out and enjoy your experience somewhere where you can experience the full battles and breaking into castles?! They are there for a reason, use them!

I find this very weird there are a surprisingly large amount of non vet players in Asura's and I really dunno why whether they're there to pvp with their vet friends or not I dunno. All the while there's an entire non vet campaign completely empty most of the time.
    Edited by revonine on August 28, 2015 12:35AM
  • wellerrocks
    wellerrocks
    ✭✭
    I agree guys, I think honestly about a solid 60% of DC just want to dominate EP so yellows just push up and round and we get pushed back suddenly, to everybody's surprise. AD always have most castles as no one even bothers to challenge them they can just do as the please!
  • jonjees
    jonjees
    ✭✭
    so i posted my thoughts on this here too

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196703/asura-star-ps4-eu-lol/p2

however the campaign still have a couple of days to go, usually we will see a push if the scores are close.
    Edited by jonjees on August 28, 2015 10:26AM