Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Mage Guild Quest Can't Progress

KYHome
KYHome
Ebonhart, Deshan stage. Book has been translated are you ready for the first test given as a question. Only response option is "Goodbye"
I tried to search the forums for this situation but so far only noticed a number for final quest or other stages. Do I need to increase mage guild rank to trigger the response? Thanks for any help
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    what level is your mages guild?? you need to be rank 2 for this quest.

Once you reach rank 2, a mage will appear outside any mage guild in the world and tell you to go to deshaan. then you can continue. to reach rank 2 you need to find the glowing blue books in the world.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP was given the quest reading what they have said. To do the first test, which by the way you will meet a fantastically voice acted character, you have to enter a portal that is opened for you at the mages guild after you speak to a the women who has translated the book.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • KYHome
    KYHome
    Thanks for the help
  • KYHome
    KYHome
    Actually, it turns out I am rank 2, almost rank 3. Must be something account specific.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Are you certain you have not got the quest in your options? When you are told the book has been translated you should have then been told to speak with that lady, forget her name, in the quest section.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • KYHome
    KYHome
    Unfortunately it's not in my options under quests; the fighter's guild one is fortunately