Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ESO on MAC

Brightxdawn
Brightxdawn
✭✭✭
When you play ESO on mac do you get those colored hit markers like pc users get? I have a macbook pro and thinking about trying ESO on it. Is it any good?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would advice to read the formus very closely. Im on pc myself but i know 2 people on macs that have many problems with ESO, and it seems by forum posts some people on macs had them also.
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yes most add ons work on mac.
    The game plays well on my macbook at medium graphics quality but the case gets very hot.
    EP FOR LIFE
  • Darkaffliction23
    Darkaffliction23
    Soul Shriven
    I play on my macbook pro on medium to high settings with no major problems.The case does get fairly hot and it does drain the power quick so be sure to plug up. I enjoy connecting my mac to a tv via HDMI port and playing with a controller. I turn the screen off on the mac and that seems to help with the heat issue.
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I play on my macbook pro on medium to high settings with no major problems.The case does get fairly hot and it does drain the power quick so be sure to plug up. I enjoy connecting my mac to a tv via HDMI port and playing with a controller. I turn the screen off on the mac and that seems to help with the heat issue.

Do you have the newest 2015 model of the macbook? Just wondering if the newer models run better.
  • Darkaffliction23
    Darkaffliction23
    Soul Shriven

Do you have the newest 2015 model of the macbook? Just wondering if the newer models run better.

Yeah I've got a 13in 2015 with the Intel Iris Graphics 610.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have last year's 15" retina MBP with the nVidia GeForce GTX 750M card and it runs ESO on high settings just fine. A little warm after a few hours, but nothing to write home about. I haven't noticed any serious differences between playing on a mac versus pc, except that the mac version of ESO does not yet have the update FaceFx animations. :(

Other than that, go for it.

• Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    What is FaceFX animations?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is FaceFX animations?

The npcs lip synching wqhen they talk, it was improved late last year if iirc
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -