The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

One Handed Fighting Style

iiKiiNG522
iiKiiNG522
✭✭
So I thought of a simple but well deserved fighting style which is simply One-Handed. It could be based around a Parry system or Deflections, Like using a Rapier (just an example of the style) would be really cool. You could also have your passive hand behind your back like the royalty emote. But anyways let me know what you guys think
  • usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    so, fencing? i mean it would be cool but you would need good skills and passives while not making dual wield or 2 handed obsolete.
    Options
  • Tommy_valkyria
    Tommy_valkyria
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. If, say, you were to get passives that increased attack speed, yet the one handed style had lower damage reduction and more stamina consumption(Edit: for blocking), I'd think this would work well.
    Edited by Tommy_valkyria on August 12, 2015 10:05PM
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is the point of keeping the other hand empty? Style? In life or death battles?
    Options
  • iiKiiNG522
    iiKiiNG522
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    What is the point of keeping the other hand empty? Style? In life or death battles?

Its a one handed fighting style. Not to be a smartass or anything but thats the point
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or... Vampire hunter style: and you dual wield a melee weapon with a mini-crossbow :D
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh. *shrugs* It's an alright idea but compared to 1000 other things I'd rather see... it would be at the bottom of the list.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
    Options
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to equip a spell in one hand and sword in the other. I can't quite see that happening unless Spellcrafting is incredibly interesting and not just creating abilities to slot on your bar.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add a voice to some sort of "One handed & Spell" sort of weapon style for all those who'd like to go "spellsword" out there. Be it a runestone or wand for the offhand, with a mix of melee strikes and magical ranged and AoE attacks...

As for all "fencing" enthusiasts, well, most fencing styles liked having something in their offhand too, if they could. Be it a parrying dagger, or a cloak... (Yes, they had trainings to use a cloak... both defensively to deflect and entangle their opponents weapon for a moment to give them an opening, and offensively to distract their opponents with a cloak whipped into their faces while they try for a good strike... but since the word in ESO is "no cloaks"... well...)
    The only "one handed fighting styles" that really were one handed were the ones that grew from horseback fighting, where it made sense to keep your offhand on the rains...
    And all with these fighting styles, the one-handed use became something for ritualized duels, where they kept the other hand out of it as a matter of pride and form... which kinda went out of the window outside duelling (at least when the fighters had more brain them pride)

Dekkameron wrote: »
    Or... Vampire hunter style: and you dual wield a melee weapon with a mini-crossbow :D
    ...that's what we have the fighters guild skill for! ;)
    Options
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think those options would be interesting.

Have always wanted a game that let me do somewhat the opposite , dual wield two shields.

A bashing , charging , ravager smashing skulls with my shields :)

DualWieldShield.jpg

Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fencing_shirt_design_by_ajrosen-d4sreyz.png
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The passive ability for One-Handed could be a reduction to the Stamina cost associated with dodging. This could be a decent offset for a lower base block mitigation.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options