The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Shield stacking in group

Asmael
Asmael
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is one thing I've been wondering for some days, and since the addons I have are either buggy or do not show exact values, I couldn't test it, but... how do the shield works when people of the same group are using the same ability?

Supposing we have 3 dragonknights in the same group, each has obsidian shield, which gives to the caster 100 shield and half (50) of it to allies. We'll call them A, B and C.

So A casts obsidian shield, the shield values in the group are as follows after casting:

A - 100
B - 50
C - 50

Ok, now B casts obsidian shield... but what happens? Do the shield stacks (case 1), or because it is the same skill, it overwrites the current shield (case 2)? Or is it something else entirely?

Case 1:

A - 150
B - 150
C - 100

Case 2:

A - 100
B - 100
C - 50

Would be curious as to what the answer is, since that makes quite a large difference as you can see.
PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.

Best Answer

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skiserony wrote: »
    Pretty sure Fragmented Shield and Igneous Shield stack, not just one of the two twice.

Also, as a DK you always get your highest number, in this case A would still have his complete shield he casted before B casted his, so it's as OP second case.

A - 100
    B - 100
    C - 50

No, it's not. I tested it just a few days ago, and unless the UI is completely buggy you loose your own shield. Don't know how it is with two different morphs though.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm i think it's the last to cast that only affects the group, the same ability can't stack.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine case 2, but this is ESO where things are broken left, right and centre making no sense at all.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
    Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Case 2, same shields do not stack. However, using two different morphs of that skill do stack, if I'm correct.
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skiserony wrote: »
    Case 2, same shields do not stack. However, using two different morphs of that skill do stack, if I'm correct.

I actually didn't consider this before.This would be very interesting to see if it works indeed. I'll try do find a sla... err, an assistant to see if it works, would be really great :)
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous Shield does not stack. If you buff yourself, you get the value X + 100%. Everyone else gets a shield for X. If a second DK uses his Igneous Shield for value Y, he gets Y + 100% while you loose your value (X + 100%) and gain his Y value.

So it is none of your cases, but:

A - 50
    B - 100
    C - 50
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Fragmented Shield and Igneous Shield stack, not just one of the two twice.

Also, as a DK you always get your highest number, in this case A would still have his complete shield he casted before B casted his, so it's as OP second case.

A - 100
    B - 100
    C - 50
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if you're sure of your claims after thorough testing, I'll take that as the accepted answer, even tho it doesn't solve the question of different morphs.

I'm kinda glad I asked the question, I'm pretty sure not many people know the exact answer.

I'll do testing on my own and see if I can get something tonight.
    Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Great, I wish I could say it for sure and would have already tested it if I could but got some PC troubles now and can't play, please share if you've got some more info about this.
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last affect takes over and resets all other stats of the same kind so hitting your shield after someone else castes one will boost you and drop theirs to the 50% shield. Maybe one day they will have it where the casters effects supersede weaker buffs of the same kind but not in game as of August 12, 2015.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, well I actually thought they fixed that before, pretty early on actually. Guess I was wrong, thanks for clearing that up.
    Options