The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Into the Woods.

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
It's a quest in Coldharbour that is either really broken or just stupidly hard. You have to chase a shadow runner for a distance, all the while not provoking the wildlife or other elves. If you do, you are almost guaranteed to fail. Doing this for the billionth time on PS4, I just do not understand this quest. I'm either cloaked or sneaking, which my NB is pretty good at. Still, he pauses every second (literally) to remark on the odd wildlife or asking what that sound was. I have failed three times today, all because he was startled at... I don't even know. Probably ghosts or aliens at this point. Is there some secret mechanic I'm missing or is this quest just idiotic?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm it isn't an easy quest and it takes me 2-3 times on average. however, the shadow does not get startled by anything, but you need to keep interacting with those glowing lights on a regular base. If he does dissappear you got some lean time to find another light.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    The shadow will stop if you do. What I did was track between glowing lights while "following' that person. There are times you have to fight though, no way around it but that does not make the shadow runner disappear. Only losing your light does (at least that is how it worked for me).
    Options