The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Should bleed damage be fixed?

Anorak
Anorak
✭✭✭
Personally bleed damage needs a change as so many mobs are outright immune. I don't mind them resisting it but currently abilities like twin slashes are worthless in most vet dungeons and trials.

Please type why you don't want it to be changed or how you want it to be changed. I honestly want Zos to see this to fix bleed in a future update.
Edited by Anorak on August 11, 2015 9:03PM

Should bleed damage be fixed? 17 votes

Yes
94%
SirAndytrimsic_ESOkendellking_chaosb14_ESODarkeusSkiseronyRavenSwornninjaguymanDagoth_RacDDemonRottenMuffinpepperybrineOdinForgeSploshAnorakBlackedge7AfkNinja 16 votes
No
5%
Lightninvash 1 vote
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes it should be fixed. I don't see any good reason why bleeding is canceled by damage shields. This is negating some skills, some sets, and a metagame based on DoTs.

Some people say that it would not be realistic if bleeding was going through the shields. They have a roleplay perspective, and I respect that. But then look at Dune. In this science fiction movie, the only weapons that can go through the shields are blades. And people bleed when they are hit by a blade. So... why has bleeding no effect on people having a damage shield in this game?
    Options
  • Anorak
    Anorak
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes it should be fixed. I don't see any good reason why bleeding is canceled by damage shields. This is negating some skills, some sets, and a metagame based on DoTs.

Some people say that it would not be realistic if bleeding was going through the shields. They have a roleplay perspective, and I respect that. But then look at Dune. In this science fiction movie, the only weapons that can go through the shields are blades. And people bleed when they are hit by a blade. So... why has bleeding no effect on people having a damage shield in this game?

I completely agree, but it's not even that big a deal as it weakens the shield of you enemy. In pve the finial boss in dsa (a dark elf) and the frozen ring boss (a nord) are IMMUNE to bleed. I find this insane as they are humanoid. I don't understand why zos gave spells the ability to be resisted and have a weakness then gave bleed immunity to 90% of mobs.
    Options
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Anorak wrote: »

I completely agree, but it's not even that big a deal as it weakens the shield of you enemy. In pve the finial boss in dsa (a dark elf) and the frozen ring boss (a nord) are IMMUNE to bleed. I find this insane as they are humanoid. I don't understand why zos gave spells the ability to be resisted and have a weakness then gave bleed immunity to 90% of mobs.
    In PVP bleeding does not weaken the shields of my enemies. They are IMMUNE to the bleeding effect like your boss in PVE, which is absurd.

Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you can put a fire DoT on Valkyn Skoria and a poison DoT on Mantikora, verisimilitude has clearly gone out the window. So the idea that, "How can a skeleton bleed? It has no blood!" or, "How can a magical bubble drip blood? You can't have damage shields bleed!" are ridiculous.

I think the problem, internally, is that "bleed" is being treated akin to a status effect, like off-balance or snared, not a damage type, like physical or magic or fire. They either need to change "bleed" to be a damage type, or change all the bleeding in the game to a true damage type, like physical.
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think bleed should be unblock able and unpurgable it's not like removing a burn it's a cut bleed damage is so low as it is why gimp it more with no way to use in most of the game. The only counter to bleed damage should be healing with no bleed stacking.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • Anorak
    Anorak
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Anorak wrote: »

In PVP bleeding does not weaken the shields of my enemies. They are IMMUNE to the bleeding effect like your boss in PVE, which is absurd.

Okay that is outright insane if damage shields turn off bleed damage. This is something Zos needs to fix as bleeds are not considered op when they work they are still considered worst than most magic or physical dots.
    Options
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Should have only allow resistance to bleeds, rather than outright immunity. And even then, the resistance should not go beyond the 75% mark.

Its this or change twin slash to heal on the initial hit, and a hots for the rest of the damage.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Options