Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

normal DC behavior?

MedicRabbit
So I initially rolled EP and took that to 28 amd shadowfen. I've been playing off and on for a couple months, very casual player only logging in 2x a week Max. Rerolled a DC Templar this morning before the server went down. Got to daggerfall, and around the crafting area there's music playing over people's mic. Not a super big deal but annoying. The real shock came from a player I had to mute, a report. Some guy just yelling, literally, into his mic repeatedly about what a" loser" and "poser" some other guy was. The timer was going from 20 minutes down to server off, and I was in and out of there repeatedly, with this lasting the whole time. I'm pretty disappointed in these players, but wondering how normal this is, since I didn't run into it at all in EP.
  • Chapmaaaan
    Chapmaaaan
    ✭✭
    sounds about right. on Xbox anyway. 90% of DC are idiots. wish I rolled AD :/
    Turmoil
    previous gamertag - DanielChapman89
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like normal human behavior. It's not like the ****'s only choose one faction.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    More like normal console behavior. At least on PC you can make it so you can only see NPC dialogue.

Oddly enough, most of the jerks I've met are in EP.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the issue is that voice on console doesn't use push to talk. On the PC side you hear all kinds of crap on TS when people don't use push to talk lol so I don't think its a PC v console player issue. It's just the way the system is set up.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • MedicRabbit
    Maybe I just don't play enough. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Xbox or consoles. Idk. Never saw the reason to be a complete ass, it's just a video game. Playing EP was like playing a single player game once you really got out into the zones, with people rarely chatting publicly, at all.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I just don't play enough. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Xbox or consoles. Idk. Never saw the reason to be a complete ass, it's just a video game. Playing EP was like playing a single player game once you really got out into the zones, with people rarely chatting publicly, at all.

On console I almost never hear other players chatting unless I'm at a crafting station in a major city or at a bank. It certainly can get annoying listening to music, screaming, and people begging for free resources at crafting tables. I've found that I liberally use the mute in chat option on Xbox now.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Coot83
    Coot83
    Soul Shriven
    I have noticed in the beginning area of DC is where I tend to find the annoying loud gamers. Once I leave that area though, I might find a guy or two with his mic on by accident while doing whatever, but for the most part the serious folks are mostly in clan chats it seems.

Coot
  • jay_sic
    jay_sic
    Or you could just leave area chat while in those areas...
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    jay_sic wrote: »
    Or you could just leave area chat while in those areas...

Ruins the satisfaction of muting the individual player...no really though touché
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reason #29 why I will never play this on console. ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
    :trollin:
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an ESO problem, a community problem (XBOX particularly). It's all the COD kool kidz IMHO.