Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PS4: how do I use items in the quickslots?

Viking_Soul
Viking_Soul
Soul Shriven
I have some health potions and other stuff assigned to quick slots, but when I bring up the radial menu by holding the up button on the d-pad I can use the right stick to highlight them but I don't see a way of actually using them. No button prompt appears or anything.
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually more complicated and bad than you think.

1.What you think happens. You spin around and just land on what you want to use and it happens. I.e. I am low on health..I select a potion..my health should go up.

But it doesn't..

Instead..what happens is..

When you're maneuvering through the circle all you're doing is selecting which item you want to hot key for quick access when you press up the dpad out in the field.

Up on the directional pad can only use one item at a time so they decided to give you a easy list of things to put on it. I.e. That circle
    Edited by TeamGizzy on August 8, 2015 7:29PM
    Baskin Robins always finds out.....
  • Viking_Soul
    Viking_Soul
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying I'm supposed to press up on the d-pad when I've highlighted the item I want to use?
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    So you've assigned all these different potions and things to your wheel.

When you press up.(and keep pressing up)on the dpad it will bring up the radial wheel with all the things you assigned.

When you roll around with the right stick and highlight the one you want and let go, you're not actually..using the item. You're only saying you want that to be shortcutted when you're in the middle of battle and you press up.

Example. You're in battle and low on health .,you press up and use a potion. But then a minute later you're short on magic....but if you were to press up you'd technically use a health potion still

Going to that radial wheel and then selecting a magic potion would replace that health potion with this new one

Selecting in the radial wheel doesn't use the item. It just makes it so you can use that item in battle when pressing up on dpad
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    When I first started the game I looked at that wheel and thought wow look at all the choices I could use. But you don't get all those easy shortcuts. You just get to use one potion in battle at time by pressin up
  • Viking_Soul
    Viking_Soul
    Soul Shriven
    Okay. Well that's utterly ridiculous. I mean, "assign a quickslot" kind of does give the impression that when you've assigned something you can bring up the menu and use it.

And now I can't even log in to the game. I shouldn't have ignored those bad reviews.
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Nah it's crazy fun
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    Basically any item can be quick slotted, simply enter your inventory select the item, and hit the 'assign' option, you can have multiple items in your quick slot area. Now the item that is inside that box to the left of your ability bar is the item you have selected, meaning when you hit the up arrow it will use that item. To change the item quick slotted, simply hold the up arrow and the quick slot wheel will appear and you can cycle through them and select the new item you want to be quick slotted. Now remember any item quick slotted can only be activated when you hit the arrow after you select it.
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • Drayrok
    Drayrok
    This is a really disappointing element of console play. I can see it being okay with a good group, but when solo, way too hard to stay alive, switch to a sta/mgk/hp potion, then take the potion, keep fighting, change the potion... blarg. Bogus mechanic for console.
    Drayrok, StamDK DPS CP: 350
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a pain but this is where alchemy in the crafting line can help
    You can craft multiple effects potions that will cover your needs with one drink
    That’s why all the little flowers cost so much in guild traders