Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Cadwells almanac silver fully FINISHED. But how do I find out what I've missed to move onto gold?

Khastarius
Have recently done a re-sweep thru ebonhart pact and ended up finishing stonefalls, Deeshan, shadowfen, eastmarch maps and now have just five remaining quest in the Rift. Eso what have I missed? I can't even travel to daggerfall. YES I've been back to cadwell several times and he still sends me back to stonefalls.... Do I need to send a screenshot showing that I've completed the ebonhart pact map before I can progress to cadwells almanac gold quests???

Best Answer

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Don't just submit a /bug report...If you really have a check mark for every part of Cadwell's Silver (in all 5 zones), then you need to submit a customer support ticket in game. A bug report will (most likely) not connect you to a real person, but a support ticket will. Once you do this, you should hear from a customer support rep fairly quickly (usually within 24 hours, unless it is right after a major patch) and they can help resolve your issue.

Just to clarify:

A bug report is for something non-game breaking that you want the developers to be aware of.

A customer support ticket is for getting help with something that is stopping your progress in game or needs to be resolved ASAP by a real person.
    Answer ✓
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    Check under your journal, there is a section that is called Cadwell's Almanac. Make sure all zones have a check mark. If they do not, it gives you the objective and you can find the area you need to go to that way.

If they all are done, you need to go back to the Harborage to talk to Caldwell to move to gold.

Also if you are on PC, Quest Map is a good addon that you can have it only show Caldwell's Almanac Quests and quests that give Skill points if you set the settings for that.
    Edited by stewie_801 on August 8, 2015 10:14AM
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact
    Invictus , Teut Spindle Your Brindle Officer
    Stewie the Destroyer Imperial Templar Former Emperor of Haderus
    Stewie's Big Ole Johnson Khajiit Nightblade
    Ser Arthur Dayne Dark Elf Dragonknight Former Emperor of Chillrend and Haderus
    Stewie's Bank Slot High Elf Sorcerer

• Silken_Meer
    Silken_Meer
    Soul Shriven
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cadwell's_Almanac

Try this as well. It lists the walk through
  • Khastarius
    Every zone done, every map except five quests in the Rift are done. All ticks. No dots. Finished. And have four way shrines showing up on daggerfall map but can't travel to them
  • Khastarius
    Sorry I've been to cadwell several times and he just sends me straight back to stonefalls, I even have the achievement for completing stonefalls map, Deeshan map, shadowfen and eastmarch
  • Silken_Meer
    Silken_Meer
    Soul Shriven
    Then I suggest going back to the last couple of quests using the walk through, you may have one part of the quest to finish. If the quest giver is in a house it doesn't show up on the map.
  • Khastarius
    Oh and have also been using that link already for the past two weeks but still nothing happening.
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on PC? If so I edited my first post with an Add-on that can help you, you can change the filters when looking at your map to show the quest giving locations for Caldwell's Almanac quests
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact

• Khastarius
    Oh no sorry I am on ps4
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    eNhwu1U.jpg

Does your Caldwell's Silver look like this, UI and zones will be a little different, but the checkmarks should be there if you completed it.
    Edited by stewie_801 on August 8, 2015 10:30AM
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact

• Khastarius
    Yes it looks exactly like that. But I go to cadwell and he has nothing to say to me. I'm now veteran rank 8 and can still not progress. I feel like I have to finish the last five quests in the rift to see if I can progress or to see if it's a bug.
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you are all done with that, have you tried going to the Harborage and seeing if it will let you hit the light of meridia again. It's the stone that you hit to get you transferred to gold.
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact

• Khastarius
    Done that ten times already
  • Khastarius
    And have been sent back to stonefalls ten times
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    Well not sure then, it may be bugged for you. You can try submitting a /bug report, not sure how to submit through PS4 but there should be a way. Maybe Customer support can answer whether it's a known bug or figure it out.

So you can try to get to your V6-V10 zones, you can try traveling to the way shrines that are showing for you or try traveling to player through a friend/guildie who is in one of those zones as well.
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact

• Khastarius
    Thank you and yes I will try that. Just hoping it works
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are sure...
    Have you rescued the High King from his evil brother in the Rift and had the troops applaud your prowess? If not, you aint done yet. You have to do that to unite all three alliances.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 8, 2015 7:10PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Khastarius
    I repeat I done it all. Now I have four smal side quests in the rift left. So now I'm pretty sure this I a bug.
  • Khastarius
    Is*
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    If your still stuck, and have completed all of the caldwells quest, go back to your original alliances harborage, and talk to him again he will instruct you to touch the light again to start your gold
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • Khastarius
    I have officially finished all quests in ebonhart pact and when I go back to Cadwell he just sends me straight to stonefalls. ESO how is it that I can't travel to daggerfall after doing this much. I have all achievements as well.
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    You might want to either call their support line, or send them an email that way you can get a direct link to their support personal.
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest.
    I've worked in support and have seen a lot. Looking at the broad picture here I get the feeling that you are the type of customer who says they did all, but doesn't take all the advice serious enough (by trying it) cause they "know" it wont work.

I don't mean this mean. We are all humans and it is a common situation. I just don't believe you are bugged and do believe you are missing something. Often the overarching quests in the journal (which are the cadwell's silver quests) are having a bunch of secondary quests that are part of it, but it still listed as completed cause you did the main objective. Skipping quests will cause this issue.

As said, a bug report will not work, cause it doesnt seem to be a bug. But contacting support to gain help (they can see what you might be missing) will help you in finding out if you are missing something and maybe even they will tell you what you are missing.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The journal should show something missing ... hopefully
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Khastarius
    I have ebonheart pact hero achievement. So @Ranique how do you not get this achievement without doing every quest?
  • Khastarius
    Or how do you get Pact Hero achievement without doing quests?
    Support please @Ranique
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those achievements don't necessarily match the Cadwell requisites.

Worth checking

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cadwell's_Almanac

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    is it fair to say you have checked in your game and looked specifically at the Cadwells section of the journal and EVERY quest for Silver is flagged as completed ?

• Khastarius
    Okay I know for a fact you can not get ebonheart pact hero achievement cadwell's quests in ebonheart. So yes they are all checked and have been checked for the last two weeks
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Khastarius wrote: »
    I have ebonheart pact hero achievement. So @Ranique how do you not get this achievement without doing every quest?
    Or how do you get Pact Hero achievement without doing quests?
    Support please @Ranique
    Okay I know for a fact you can not get ebonheart pact hero achievement cadwell's quests in ebonheart. So yes they are all checked and have been checked for the last two weeks

Not trying to be argumentative...I have no way of knowing if you have done all the quests needed for Cadwell's Silver, but just to clarify:

The Ebonheart Pact Hero achievement does not mean you have completed all of the quests in the Ebonheart Pact. It means that you have completed the Adventurer achievements for each of the Ebonheart Pact zones. To get one of those achievements you have to do a certain number of quests in a particular zone (e.g. completing 59 quests in Stonefalls); however, there are always more quests in the zone than are needed to complete the achievement (you have a buffer area, so to speak). So you can miss quite a few quests and still have the Ebonheart Pact Hero achievement; don't use that as your measuring stick.

Again, not saying you haven't done everything required to move on to Cadwell's Gold, but I wouldn't use "I have the Ebonheart Pact Hero achievement" as your evidence.

If everything is checked off in your journal under Cadwell's Silver, as I said before, create a support ticket (if you haven't already). You will be contacted by a customer support rep (usually via email) pretty quickly. However, the first email (or maybe first couple of emails) will be pretty generic and may seem pre-scripted. Just keep replying back to the ticket. The replies will become more personalized and the issue will be escalated if needed. I have always had good dealings with the customer support folks and they have helped me fix my issues.

P.S. If you have already filled out a ticket and have not received a response, please keep in mind that there are some pretty serious connection issues going on with consoles right now and I'm sure customer support have their hands tied up trying to deal with all the tickets that have come in regarding that.

Good luck!