Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Help on Templar Overhaul? [PS4]

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a vet 4 temp that I despise playing. She makes a nice healer, but I don't enjoy healing and prefer soloing, so I'm having... issues. Are there any PS4 players that can help? I've tried modeling her after builds, doing my own thing, then just healing myself as I ever so slowly take down a single jackal, which is obviously not too efficient. Her dps is terrible, and she's a breton so I really need to go magic. Anyone that can guide me through (preferably Ebonheart) and help me completely fix this char? She's my main and I'd prefer not to just delete her just because I'm having issues. I've given up being picky on what I wield, and I just need some half decent dps.
  • Slow Roastin
    Edited by Slow Roastin on August 8, 2015 7:07PM
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have a vet 4 temp that I despise playing. She makes a nice healer, but I don't enjoy healing and prefer soloing, so I'm having... issues. Are there any PS4 players that can help? I've tried modeling her after builds, doing my own thing, then just healing myself as I ever so slowly take down a single jackal, which is obviously not too efficient. Her dps is terrible, and she's a breton so I really need to go magic. Anyone that can guide me through (preferably Ebonheart) and help me completely fix this char? She's my main and I'd prefer not to just delete her just because I'm having issues. I've given up being picky on what I wield, and I just need some half decent dps.

Depends what you want to do, if you just want to solo PVE then I'd go:

5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium (with undaunted passive, that's 6% magicka, stamina & health)

Most attribute points into magicka, some into health. Seducer set, warlock set, whatever you can get to increase magicka regen. If you still lack magicka regen then you can use the templar ability Channeled Focus + destro staff ability Elemental Drain and it's hard to run out of magicka since you're healing a lot less from having heavy armor.

Puncturing Sweep (PBAOE + self heal, can solo almost all PVE using just this if you wanted)
    Breath of life (only heal you really need)
    Radiant glory/oppression (powerful execute)
    Blazing Shield (damage shield + AOE damage)

Those are the 4 must-have templar abilities in my opinion, and any build can be built around those 4.

Bone Shield (undaunted) is a good one to use up your stamina for, use in tandem with Blazing Shield and you'll be doing AOE damage at the same time of preventing damage on yourself, really helps the DPS since you're DPS'ing and healing yourself through damaging abilities (puncturing sweep, radiant glory) instead of having to waste magicka on breath of life or other straight heals.

Resto staff is nice to get back your magicka pool in 4 or 5 heavy attacks, don't need any abilities in it honestly, combat prayer and rapid regen/mutagen are the only 2 I'd bother with, + passives.

Destro staff is nice for the Elemental Drain + either Impulse morph, fills the whole of a ranged AOE and a strong debuff.

So for AOE farming I will literally gather them all up while using Blazing Shield + Bone Shield to protect me, when I get a large group together then I just keep blazing shield + bone shield up and throw down Pulsar (Impulse morph) and Puncturing Sweep in between.

Single target bosses I keep blazing shield up, less bone shield so I have more stamina to break free and/or dodge roll, Elemental Drain for the debuff, Puncturing Sweep to heal myself, Radiant Glory/Oppression to execute from 30-50% to 0%.
    Edited by mklundub17_ESO on August 10, 2015 2:15PM
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • OhItsReckt
    OhItsReckt
    ✭✭

I can help you. I have a guild mate leveling a templar, and he's full on healing, even rolled an argonian and everything. A couple days ago, he rerolled magicka DPS just to level faster, and all he done was move some stuff on his skill bar/pick up new skills. So if you're needing help, just let me know.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a hybrid Templar till two days ago, when I found I needed to makes changes I'm same level as you, I put 15 points in health rest in magic and fully unlocked all three class skill lines and then started upgrading my destruction staff to go with my healing staff

I got all the passives for Both staffs and then added points to my race(Nord) fighters guild and provisioning I still have loads of points left and I'm happy that I can go full on healer in a dungeon if we need one or full on DPS

Then I can mix it up for solo and I'm currently doing VR7 enemies at VR4 with out much issue only end bosses prove challenging, but then arent they meant to be