Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nirnroot and Crafting Writs

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For the past, well, long time, all I have ever been asked for is Nirnroot for top tier Alchemy Writs. My character doing L3 writs gets asked for different flowers, but the 3 I have doing L6 Writs only get asked for Nirnroots.

Does anyone get asked for anything else for top tier Alchemy Writs?
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    I have been asked for Cloudmist X 3 but yes as you say it is mainly Nirnroot.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I do get asked for Cloudmist every few writs. But the only Reagent is Nirnroot.

Odd as lower tiers do not seem to have this issue.

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My EP and AD alchemy writs ask for Nirnroot or Cloudmist + potion for delivery in Belkarth.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is a bug or intended.

I mean on the one hand, it's nice in that only one reagent is asked for. On the other hand, that reagent is used up just doing writs.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's always nirnoot. Strangely enough, surveys never include nirnroot.
  • ThisEndsWithUs
    9/10 times I get asked for Nirnroot x3, the other time it's always Cloud Mist x3, usually only between either Panacea of Mag, Health, Stam or Ravage Health for the potion also.

I mean, it's all well and good to have a stock of each built up and just be able to finish the Alchemy Writs like I do with the Provisioning ones, but it's a little boring to say the least ...
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only nirnoot or cloud mist from hundreds of writs.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Kajimano_ESO
    As long as they don't want columbine or namira's rot, I could care less, not like nirnroot is hard to find or good for crafting potions
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least Nirnroot is easy to farm. Coldharbour at the empty city wayshrine has plenty.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • understeer
    I am selling 3 nirnroot for 500g. Maybe I should up it to 600g.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got a writ last night with nirnroot, then the survey included nirnroot. on one hand i like that its usually the same stuff to fill, yet as a master crafter i can make other stuff.
    Edited by Mojmir on August 16, 2015 11:48PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup... only cloudmist & Nirnroot....

But SHHHHH...

Or they'll fix it & we'll end up having to turn in Columbine instead!!!!!!!!!!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I would prefer occasionally handing back some columbine. I don't do much in game at the moment and the hassle of having to hunt or buy Nirnroot is annoying. Mind you, because I sell the excess columbine, I have more than enough to buy several writs worth of Nirnroot.

Nestor, I'm sure that there are other things being required for the Alchemy writs, for no other reason than it's a month, or more, between purchases (I can rarely buy more than 30 without leaving Craglorn which I won't bother doing). This is only partially because the writs occassionally give nirnroot as a reward. The fact is, I wouldn't notice what the others are, because I make batches of 8 potions for writs and therefore only notice what is required when I have to get nirnroot or make more potion. Nirnroot, Mushrooms and Water Hyacinth are the only ingredients that don't refresh themselves though surveys.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nestor, I'm sure that there are other things being required for the Alchemy writs,

Only at lower levels of writs. Once you hit max level writs, all your asked for is Nirnroot or Cloud Mist. I would not mind so much but I like my invisibility potions.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Nestor, I'm sure that there are other things being required for the Alchemy writs,

Only at lower levels of writs. Once you hit max level writs, all your asked for is Nirnroot or Cloud Mist. I would not mind so much but I like my invisibility potions.

I wasn't referring to <RI6 writs when I made that statement. How have you confirmed your assertion? Personally, I keep all of the ingredients on my writ-active characters so seeing such bias in the writ requirements doesn't occur for me. I am not doubting the correctness of what you are asserting but if you confirm my suspicion that you see this happening because you keep the nirnroot in the bank, it will eliminate a line of questioning.

# edit: I hate it when a particular phrase doesn't come to mind and you have to create a set of words that mean the same thing only to remember it half an hour later ie "eliminate a line of questioning"
    Edited by Woolenthreads on August 18, 2015 10:07AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I keep all of the ingredients on my writ-active characters
    Then you don't know what the writs ask for because the quest auto-updates on pick up and you never see the list of required items. Keeping them in the bank or on your character makes no difference, the quest is the same in both cases. Leave everything in the bank for a few days and see for yourself. You notice a delay in nirnroot running out because some writs ask for Cloud Mist instead.
    Edited by Rosveen on August 18, 2015 10:25AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How have you confirmed your assertion? Personally, I keep all of the ingredients on my writ-active characters so seeing such bias in the writ requirements doesn't occur for me.

I keep all my Alchemy ingredients in the bank (and most all crafting mats other than refined and tempers for equipment). So, every writ I do I needed to go to the bank to get the Reagents. I was always asked for Nirnroot. About 3 weeks ago, I started keeping a small stack of Nirn and Cloudmist on my L6 Alchemists (mostly because I got tired of going to the bank for the same thing). Since then, I only have to make an occasional potion as I have the reagents on hand. It was after two weeks of this that I decided to post this thread to see if it was the same for everyone else.

My L3 Alchemist I can't do this with as she is asked for different flowers on every writ.

Edited by Nestor on August 18, 2015 2:35PM

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Personally, I keep all of the ingredients on my writ-active characters
    You notice a delay in nirnroot running out because some writs ask for Cloud Mist instead.

Well, there's also a delay because about one in ten writs gives three nirnroot as part of the reward too, but "same difference".

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been doing L6 Alchemy writs for months now, and never get asked for anything other than Nirnroot and Cloud Mist. I always check what's asked for, even though I keep Nirn and Mist in my character's inventory, as I don't want to accidentally turn in my tri-pots when it asks for Panaceas of Health.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 18, 2015 10:09PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    as I don't want to accidentally turn in my tri-pots when it asks for Panaceas of Health.
    Wait, this can happen? :open_mouth:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just had 2 Writ Reward Containers cough up Nirnroot. Yay!!! One Monday evening and one last night.