Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Soul Trap question

abirdman24
I know the Soul Trap is suppose to level as you run through the main story, but mine didn't. I'm guessing because I didn't have it slotted some of the time I'm level Veteran 1 and finished the main story.Am I screwed or is there another way to level it?
Live in the light, but play in the dark
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    abirdman24 wrote: »
    I know the Soul Trap is suppose to level as you run through the main story, but mine didn't. I'm guessing because I didn't have it slotted some of the time I'm level Veteran 1 and finished the main story.Am I screwed or is there another way to level it?

Soul Trap is NOT supposed to level as you run through the main story.
    The skilltree Soul Magic is levelled as you run through the main story. However, the skill soultrap and the other skills are levelled by having them equipped when gaining experience (simular to how mage guild skills level up).

So no you are not screwed and you can still level it up by just bringing it with you on your bar.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • The_Boze
    The_Boze
    Soul trap will level on its on own if you have it slotted. Soul Magic on the other hand is for the main story.

hope this helps.
  • abirdman24
    That helps a lot thanks guys
    Live in the light, but play in the dark
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just put 1 pt into Soul Lock (weapon kills have 5% chance to fill a soul gem) and never worry about it again.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar