The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire/Werewolf Hunter Build ideas?

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
Ok, so I was thinking with the new changes to Vampire and WW, they will actually have to be the creatures they have committed themselves to becoming, and in turn I will commit myself to slaying them. Fighter’s Guild abilities are obviously the way to go in this, as there is currently no way to resist them?

Very unsure about weapons though, I feel 2H and bow is used a lot, though I’d like to use dual wield and bow, because then I can have one flame, and another poison, maybe disease instead of flame, if I’m correct the bow has a few poison abilities and a fire one? I have never played DW before so I would not know what abilities to use.

Class is a pain, I usually play an Imperial, I particularly don’t like the templar, probably for some aesthetic reason. Not sure which I’d pick out of the rest, sorc wouldn’t be much help with this I presume. So that leaves DK and NB, I do like sneaking around somewhat, I’d rather not be complacent with DK’s fire abilities as it’s known a good few vampires love to flaunt their fire resist jewelry.

Dawnbreaker is probably the best option for ult, though if I had the option of another for the other bar which would be a good idea?

Also I don’t know much about counteracting some of the abilities of the creatures, advice in that department would be helpful too.

Anymore questions? Feel free to ask below.

Oh, and what faction would be a good idea? I personally reckon DC has the most, due to being exposed to them throughout its zones, then ebonheart, due to that area in Eastmarch, AD has the least I presume, but if I’m correct it’s a high population faction so it will have spread like wildfire. (I’m on PS4 EU)

I also would plan to stock up on specific siege equipment for PVP, such as meatbag and fire.

I also would prefer to not be told I cant do this build as "most people wont bother with either." I feel most players will still try do one or the other for the sake of it, especially on console.

Also what armor do you think would give me the best V/WW Hunter look?
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute text :) Makes me happy somehow.

And so many questions, don't know how to start.
    Templar would obviously be a good choice, as it is associated with light and has some thing to banish the darkness.
    2nd best choice is Nightblade in my opinion. Because you could be some kind of sneaky assassin who hunts down these abominations and uses their own tricks against them. Yep, definately Nightblade.

Overall, I think fire is better than poison. Because Vampires are always vulnerable to it, while Werwolfs are only vulnerable to poison while they are transformed. But believe me, Werewolves are the harder opponent. Once a GOOD player, who is specced for damage transforms, you're going to have a problem as they will destroy you with 1 or 2 hits. You definately need Immoveable potions as soon as they transforms. because without their CC, they are less frightening.

Another interesting thing next patch will be, Beast Trap. You can find that in the fighters guild three.
    As long as 1 enemy is affected by that, your critical hits will do 12% more damage. I prefer the morph, that lets the trap reset 1 time after it was activated, because I dont have much stamina. But the other morph allows you to place it at max range. So a dangerous combo could be, to use the trap (the trap takes 2 seconds to aim) and in that time, you could prepare an ambush snipe with Camo Hunter. Which would result in a deadly first hit.

I know, I didn't really answer your questions :D I lost myself in words again.
    Edited by Dracane on August 6, 2015 3:31PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane very good advice actually, could go on a lot of this, will probably go for the NB, as I really dislike templar. Theoretically werewolves should have an innate flame weakness, due to being furry and thus, more flammable. :p Why's it cute? I do love using potions though, I have a crafting char atm, specced for most things.

I thinking slaying these in PvP is a fun reward in itself, almost as though it's your own objective in the game, plus it's a massive help sometimes.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    @Dracane very good advice actually, could go on a lot of this, will probably go for the NB, as I really dislike templar. Theoretically werewolves should have an innate flame weakness, due to being furry and thus, more flammable. :p Why's it cute? I do love using potions though, I have a crafting char atm, specced for most things.

I thinking slaying these in PvP is a fun reward in itself, almost as though it's your own objective in the game, plus it's a massive help sometimes.

Because I hate Daedra and seeing a young, strong and brave male preparing to fight them, makes me very happy *-*
    There is still hope in this world.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane that was a very accurate assumption.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and, should I just repeat Dark anchors until they are 5 levels below me? (that's the point where you get no more XP from them) best faction for this type of build? Trapping Webs is very good against werewolves I hear.
    Any advised dual wield skills?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Oh and, should I just repeat Dark anchors until they are 5 levels below me? (that's the point where you get no more XP from them) best faction for this type of build? Trapping Webs is very good against werewolves I hear.
    Any advised dual wield skills?

You don't need Trapping webs if you use dual wield, because you can simply use this flying blade, much better.
    Werewolfs usually play very offensive, because they want to burst you down very fast. I would advise to keep distance and not let them hit you or you'll die very fast.

And you should just destroy all dark anchors :) You will have to farm them more than enough later, for the Daedric Lord Slayer achievement. And Aldmeri Dominion is the best faction for everything ;) haha
    Edited by Dracane on August 6, 2015 8:19PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, but you forget turn undead has a fear, which literally makes werewolves crap themselves.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and, bow abilities? May need some kind of heal.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will definately safe you one time. But Werewolfs can still break free from that fear effect. But it's worth to have, as all vampires can be feared with it either.

And bow... Hm. Why not
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane you say that as if there is an alternative. :p
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still learning here, but do they have "Fighters Guild" dailies in Cyrodiil where you have to cut down X amount of Werewolves and Vampires? You could perhaps be rewarded with fire/poison glyphs or even special "Bane of the Undead" glyphs that affect both types. Because if not, they should. It would help further enhance your RP as a Werewolf/Vampire Hunter, and could be a lot of fun. Of course I'm stupid for suggesting such things being a Werewolf and all, but this game isn't just for me.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fighters guild offers you daily quests in Cyrodiil. But they aren't really related to Vampires or Werewolfs.
    You will have to hunt down certain clans such as the Blackdaggers, Shadowpath, Greyvipers and such things.
    So Necromancers and Bandits :) but since I quest in Cyrodiil everyday, I always take one of these quests as all of these bandit groups can be found around the pvp villages.

But it's rather a small bonus. You have to kill 10 members of this and that all the time. It's boring if you only focus on that
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.