Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

What is this Q3888 Book as Bestower?

bigbuffandnasty
bigbuffandnasty
Soul Shriven
It's under active effects and I just noticed it today. I have no idea what it is or if it even does anything for that matter. My guess is I picked up a book and it gave me smithing experience. Maybe it's code for it. No idea. I googled it and only saw two other instances with no answers. Thanks for the help
  • bigbuffandnasty
    bigbuffandnasty
    Soul Shriven
    Also, this is on ps4. Sorry for forgetting to mention that.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had something simular the other day. I interacted with a tile named "the love" and it started to glow. It was suddenly named with a strange code. The other three tiles that glowed up didnt do it.

The code make me suspect it is an internal name and the bug is that it actually showed as an active effect. It likely has to do with a quest mechanic. For example (but there are dozens of others), there is a quest in Shadowfen where you have to drink a potion and after that all healing recieved is reduced to zero (so you have to win the fight with no healing at all). This is obviously done with an active effect, but as it is part of a quest, it doesnt show in the list of active effects.

This is likely simular, but with a bug that it did show up for you.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU