Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Templar help.

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
I want to make a Templar character but I have a few questions.
1. I know Templars are good at magick and stamina but I don't know which one to pick for a dps.
2. I don't know a good race since I don't know what I want to do yet. I was thinking argonian or darkelf since they are a good mix
3. For a magic Templar do you go 5 light 2 heavy
That's about it thanks.
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    This might help ...

http://deltiasgaming.com/
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    I know about deltas website im trying to get help from people who can respond not a website...
    Master crafter
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You might get more advice if you give us a little more to go on...What are you ultimately hoping to do with the character? Solo PvE? PvP? Endgame group PvE? Any idea of weapon choice or build yet? I think sometimes it's hard to give players advice when everything is so wide open...Other than go look at these builds others have created lol

I'll take a stab at your questions, though.

1) Focusing on either magicka or stamina for a dps Templar seems to work pretty good right now. I guess the question is more do you want to use class abilities and a staff (magicka build) or focus more on using weapon skills (stamina build).

2) Based on the races you listed, I'm guessing you plan to make this character in EP? Dunmer is probably the best race there for a magicka build. The Argonian racial passives are really lacking right now for any role, so I would only go that way if you just really like Argonians. If you have access to any race any alliance (and care about racial bonuses enough to create a character around them), I'd pick Altmer or Breton for a magicka Templar (with Dunmer as my third choice) and an Imperial or a Redguard for a stamina based Templar.

3) Lots of magicka Templars run 5 light/2 heavy for armor, so that is probably a pretty solid choice.
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    Do you have any preference yet, or idea on the weapons you'd like to use? At the moment my Templar uses a bow as her primary, so I put a decent amount into her stamina, but I also use a restoration staff as her secondary for healing. Idk how well this will do in end game content but at the moment it's working very well for me. Her survivability has been pretty good in either solo or group dungeons so far. Most points are in magicka to be an effective healer and I toss a bunch of stam glyphs onto her armor with some health and magicka, but my stamina attribute points are almost even with magicka.

I'm not too experienced yet with all the finite details of the game yet but I would presume mag vs stam would depend on how you' d play and the weapons you'd like to use. The more Templar abilities you use the more magicka, because although some have morphs that use stam, I believe most if not all are magicka based. But if you plan to use melee combat or a bow, Stam might be your better bet, with some in magicka for any templar abilities you'd like to use.

The race I can't really help you with. I'm not really one who picks what will be the optimal choice for each class etc to make the most elite character...probably to my detriment lol, but I basically just went with what made me happy which was an Altmer/High Elf.

For a magick based templar, it definitely would be a good option to do 5 light to 2 heavy. I personally have this flipped to add to my survivability. The Altmer gives me some racial bonuses to magick already, and with most of my attributes in magicka plus the enchantments and provisions I use, I haven't had many issues. My exact set up though is only 4 heavy, 2 light and a medium...although I'm considering trying to change this. Plus my armor is always made of sets, at the moment the Seducer set for added magicka and I believe Deaths Wind for the added armor/health.

Again I'm no pro at this game and I'm learning as I go and picking up advice from others, but hopefully someone else can add to this or correct what I may be doing wrong to better help you.
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Okay I want to be a magic Templar for pvp. I want to dps with some heals. I was thinking of a vampier Templar so the races I was thinking was high elf, Brenton. Dark elf or argonian because I see a lot of argonian Templars and because argonian vampires look cool. I do have any race any aliaiance by the way.
    Edited by predkill29 on August 6, 2015 3:08AM
    Master crafter
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What race will depend on your build decision. I personally prefer Imperial, Breton or High Elf for min/max templar builds but if you like dunmer or argonian then go for it, dunmer you're losing out on the fire spell bonus but the fire resist will help if you go vampire, especially for pvp where fire is the most used siege weapon.

I'd go destro staff + resto staff, for heals I would have 3 for pvp - healing springs/rapid regen (or mutagen) for large group fights, breath of life for everything else. For DPS, I'd go elemental drain and pulsar from the destro staff and blazing shield + radiant glory from the templar lines.

A lot of guides will say to take the radiant oppression morph but I find getting healed while channeling the spell far outweighs the extra damage I was getting from radiant oppression.

For armor I actually prefer heavy for pvp, so many ways to get magicka back in pvp, a heavy armor templar healtank is so frustrating for players to kill if they don't CC correctly I've had people literally give up 2v1 ganks and just run away.

I actually wear 5 heavy, 1 light 1 medium because the undaunted passive will then give you 6% bonus to magicka, stamina and health for wearing 3 different types of armor. This also negates the negative magicka if you use the magelight skill to find sneaking players.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar