Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Question on Armor Sets

Uriel_Nocturne
Uriel_Nocturne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I see much discussion about Armor Sets floating around the game.

While I understand the desire to get these sets, and I have found some pieces randomly at various levels as I marched my Main up that long road to Vet Rank, some peoples posts lead one to believe that you can craft Set pieces?

So my question(s): are you able to craft Armor Set pieces? If so, are they similar to a Motif/recipe that you find? Or are all Set pieces merely random loot in enemy/dungeon drops/loot?

Curious as I really want to take my Main to the next level of beastitude, and I think that having most/all of a Set could help.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So my question(s): are you able to craft Armor Set pieces? If so, are they similar to a Motif/recipe that you find? Or are all Set pieces merely random loot in enemy/dungeon drops/loot?

Yes you can craft (certain specific) sets.
    To do so you need to go to a specific crafting station. They are indicated on the map with this icon:
    ON-mapicon-Crafting.png

To be able to craft any item in the set you need to have discovered a certain amount of trait (last tab in the crafting window). The amount of traits you need to have discovered depends on the set and the location. Sets crafted in e.g. Auridon require to have 2 traits discovered to craft a piece. Sets created in graclorn requires you to have discovered 8 or even 9 traits to be researched to craft a piece.

This page is a good research to see bout the crafted sets.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

The dropped sets are different sets and can only be gained from drops (some are simular to crafted sets though).

Personally, I prefer the crafted sets over the dropped sets. Nobody gets lucky to get a full set unless you spend the same amount of time as you would with researching. But when researched the traits required, you can craft it over and over and it doesn't require more resources than any other crafted item not being part of the set.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

To do so you need to go to a specific crafting station. They are indicated on the map with this icon:
    ON-mapicon-Crafting.png

To be able to craft any item in the set you need to have discovered a certain amount of trait (last tab in the crafting window). The amount of traits you need to have discovered depends on the set and the location. Sets crafted in e.g. Auridon require to have 2 traits discovered to craft a piece. Sets created in graclorn requires you to have discovered 8 or even 9 traits to be researched to craft a piece.

The dropped sets are different sets and can only be gained from drops (some are simular to crafted sets though).

Personally, I prefer the crafted sets over the dropped sets. Nobody gets lucky to get a full set unless you spend the same amount of time as you would with researching. But when researched the traits required, you can craft it over and over and it doesn't require more resources than any other crafted item not being part of the set.
    Wow, that's pretty sweet.

Thanks for the info.

Also, when crafting these sets, does it coincide with the racial style that you want? Or are they set to a certain specific racial style?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

ON-mapicon-Crafting.png

Thanks for the info.

Also, when crafting these sets, does it coincide with the racial style that you want? Or are they set to a certain specific racial style?

you can craft it in all racials styles you got unlocked on your crafter.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ON-mapicon-Crafting.png

Thanks for the info.

you can craft it in all racials styles you got unlocked on your crafter.
    Awesome!

Thanks so much for your help!

twitch.tv/vampire_nox