Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the armor cap?

Sadishist
Sadishist
✭✭
Just wondering what the armor cap is. Wearing all heavy armor currently. Thanks in advance.
Xbox One - NA
Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Physical and Spell mitigation are hard capped at 50% which is roughly 32,500. You can have more than that, but it will only help in cases where your armor or spell resists gets lowered by an enemy attack.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Sadishist
    Sadishist
    ✭✭
    I got you thanks. No soft cap?
    Xbox One - NA
    Sadishe - VR10 DragonKnight - DC
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the new armor cap at v16?
    Or is it still 32500?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still the same cap, though note that going over this value helps when you get debuffed.

Softcaps are gone, stack all you like.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Still the same cap, though note that going over this value helps when you get debuffed.

Softcaps are gone, stack all you like.
    Did you test this? I remember a post on PTS forums stating that the progression was continued (520 armor rating per level/veteran rank) which would bring the hardcap to 33800.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untested and wasn't aware of the change if it was made. If I am wrong then sorry. :(
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey mate, this formula worked very well for me on PTS when testing Armor Penetration. It's not 100% accurate but quite close. I worked with that formula on VR14 as well.

(AC- AC/50) / 650 = Mitigation
    650 = (49+16) * 10

Given Max Mitigation is 50%, you'll get ~ 33163 Armor, which should be the new Armor Cap.

I tested Light Attacks on 0 Armor Target as well as 34441 Armor Targets.
    0 Armor: 977 Damage
    34441 Armor: 489 Damage

So there, you definitely have that 50% Mitigation.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.