Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Treasure Maps

curtisbrough
curtisbrough
Soul Shriven
I have just gotten an edition of the game for Xbox One where I receive a few treasure maps with an install code.

I have already installed the code, but if I wait until I am a higher level will the treasure be better? Is the loot from the maps level based?

Thanks.
Edited by curtisbrough on August 4, 2015 3:44PM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    the loot is based on the location of the treasures, so no need to wait.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want higher level treasure, you will need multiple characters, one starting in each faction. Then you can wait on the treasure maps until you are doing Cadwell's Gold. Treasure isn't going to be worth it though.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Save your treasure maps until after the next major update...They will be the best chance you have of finding what is needed to craft in the new Glass Armor motif.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 4, 2015 7:18PM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Save your treasure maps until after the next major update...They will be the best chance you have of finding what is needed to craft in the new Glass Armor motif.

whats glass armor motif?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mugetsu wrote: »

whats glass armor motif?

A new style motif and the style material is going to have an unknown change to be obtainable by treasure map rewards.

As the trouble needed to get the style mat, the rng involved on the treasures and other things are unknown, it is pure speculation. It MIGHT be worth waiting for it and it might just be a waste of inventory space to wait.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

whats glass armor motif?

A new style motif and the style material is going to have an unknown change to be obtainable by treasure map rewards.

As the trouble needed to get the style mat, the rng involved on the treasures and other things are unknown, it is pure speculation. It MIGHT be worth waiting for it and it might just be a waste of inventory space to wait.

no one knows the rng in this game?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

whats glass armor motif?

It might not be worth it, but it sounded like the OP was referring the Adventurer Pack maps and if he/she doesn't open them that's a quite a few maps only taking up 3 inventory slots. And the patch notes did say chests found from treasure maps would be our best chance of finding the malachite shards by a wide margin. It will probably still be a ridiculously low chance, but I'd risk it, for only three inventory slots lol

See reference from PTS Patch Notes:

•Malachite Shards can be found in Treasure Chests around the world. Chests with more durable and difficult locks are more likely to contain them, but the chests that require a Treasure Map to find have the best chance by a wide margin.

Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 4, 2015 10:28PM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

whats glass armor motif?

It might not be worth it, but it sounded like the OP was referring the Adventurer Pack maps and if he/she doesn't open them that's a quite a few maps only taking up 3 inventory slots. And the patch notes did say chests found from treasure maps would be our best chance of finding the malachite shards by a wide margin. It will probably still be a ridiculously low chance, but I'd risk it, for only three inventory slots lol

See reference from PTS Patch Notes:

•Malachite Shards can be found in Treasure Chests around the world. Chests with more durable and difficult locks are more likely to contain them, but the chests that require a Treasure Map to find have the best chance by a wide margin.

Adventure pack?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Adventure pack?

A bundle available in the Crown Store that includes the ability to play as any race in any alliance, a pet, a pack of unique treasure maps (one for each zone in the game), and maybe some kind of consumable (can't remember exactly what the last thing was).

• curtisbrough
    curtisbrough
    Soul Shriven
    Adventure pack?

A bundle available in the Crown Store that includes the ability to play as any race in any alliance, a pet, a pack of unique treasure maps (one for each zone in the game), and maybe some kind of consumable (can't remember exactly what the last thing was).

Yeah it was the adventure pack, it came free with the game.