Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Weapon swap doesn't swap out skills, traits?

lovelessgibbon4
lovelessgibbon4
Soul Shriven
What the title says. Finally hit 15 ,been putting my points in sta and going with 2hnd templar build to lvl. Was told once I got 15 and weapon swap that my skills and stuff would too.. like a second talent tree.. was hoping this was the case so I could heal some.. still new to the game so I might have missed something. I had to loom up how to weapon swap lol. Thanks
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With weapon swap you do exactly that - swap the active weapon. All that this gives to you is a second 5+1 slot ability bar that you can fill up with different abilities. It does not change anything about your character. If you equip a healing staff on your second bar, you will be able to use the abilities that conform to this weapon, giving you the ability to heal.

Not sure if that was the point of your post, but that is what it is.

NB: The efficiency of these healing abilities depends on your "build", meaning on your attribute point distribution, equipment & enchants and passive abilities, which obviously do not get changed since it is a "weapon change" and not a "build change" option. So if you are build and equipped for usage of a 2h weapon, the healing you will be able to manage with the restoration staff will be largely useless and inefficient.
    Edited by Leandor on August 9, 2015 9:44AM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the title says. Finally hit 15 ,been putting my points in sta and going with 2hnd templar build to lvl. Was told once I got 15 and weapon swap that my skills and stuff would too.. like a second talent tree.. was hoping this was the case so I could heal some.. still new to the game so I might have missed something. I had to loom up how to weapon swap lol. Thanks

Weapon swap gives you a second skillbar. you can put in the same or different skills as in your main bar. To fill or change the skills on it you need to swap to the weapon, press K and change them.

You can't swap gear or passive this way.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • FSOKRYPTO
    FSOKRYPTO
    You can. you could run sword and sheild on bar 1, and a reso staff on bar 2 if you wanted..