Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would 1handed make me to weak?

Allyssra
Allyssra
Soul Shriven
Hey. I'm a somewhat new ESOTU-player on the Ps4.
I'm aware that there is no skill-line for using onehanded weapon without a shield. But it's still a niché I would love to use. So i was planning on starting a stamina-templar so atleast I've got selfheals. I haven't given much thought yet about secondary bar.

My focus would be mostly on solo pve. I'm not sure if Group pve would work - to low damage to pull my weight i suppose.
Anyone tried this? Or have an opinion about this?
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    For one thing you can't use any of the passives in that skill line without a shield equipped. I don't know about the active skills but three of them use the shield so i doubt you can use the skill without one. You would be gimping yourself considerably. I have no idea if it's viable. It might be.
  • curtisbrough
    curtisbrough
    Soul Shriven
    I thought about doing the same thing myself as it worked for me on Skyrim. I have found, however, that two handed weapons are not much slower and deal lots more damage, I have decided to use this instead but this means blocking is much less effective.
  • The_Boze
    The_Boze
    You shouldn't really have a problem in solo PVE. With that said you will be limiting yourself skill wise. If thats what you want to do i think it owuld work fine in solo PVE, but i would go ahead and setup something else when you play with a group.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will make you weak.
    It will make you too weak for group play with pugs (pick up groups, or groups with random people, they will likely kick you very quickly just by seeing you).
    non-pugs will likely have to drag you through stuff.

Where skyrim is a single player RPG where there is a lot of room to play as you want, ESO is an MMORPG. This means that everything has to be much more categorized leaving less room for these kind of customisations.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should switch to Sorcerer.. I think you could make up for the handicap quite a bit with some of the Sorcerer magicka abilities such as Surge and Boundless Storm
    Edited by Peel_Ya_Cap_517 on August 4, 2015 6:33PM
    N64 NA EP