Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Really dumb question (possible spoilers)

bogustech
bogustech
I'm new to MMO's I'm level 46 dk. I just beat Malog Bal and now in Harborage I'm being told if I select this I'll be seen as a soul less drifter. What does that mean? I don't want to lose progress I've made.
Son, Brother, Husband, Father, Frequent Farter
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bogustech wrote: »
    I'm new to MMO's I'm level 46 dk. I just beat Malog Bal and now in Harborage I'm being told if I select this I'll be seen as a soul less drifter. What does that mean? I don't want to lose progress I've made.

You don't lose progress. You just start the questline of another alliance. All your progress with your first one is intact.

Since you posted this in the Daggerfall Covenant section, I'll assume that was your first alliance.

What happens, is you will now start doing quests in Aldmeri Dominion Territory, but all the stuff you did in the Daggerfall Covenant will still be there. You can still travel there any time you want, and It'll be as if you never left.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • bogustech
    bogustech
    Ok, I got it. But I'm only rank 46. Should I rank up to 50 and then do that or does that not matter at all?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    bogustech wrote: »
    Ok, I got it. But I'm only rank 46. Should I rank up to 50 and then do that or does that not matter at all?

You can do it now and enter the veteran rank zones now without any issue. The reaosn is that you cans till return to the non veteran zones. I do recommend levelling up to 50 before actually starting them. The reason being that you are on track then. Veteran rank zones are pretty strait forward, one rank per zone. so starting the first at level50/VR1 is perfect. You can also gear up then.

But it is no problem to open it up and enter allready. You can travel forward and back.

the whole remark of being a sloulles wanderer is only important for lore. the entire story is that you lost your soul cause it was stolen by mannimarco for his master molag bal and you have to get it back. You've done that now, but during the veteran levels you will see the world through your enemy's eyes and they will see you as the soulless wanderer. This so they dont have to change half the story's of the other alliances.
    Edited by Ranique on August 4, 2015 9:04AM
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned you lose nothing.
    Congrats on beating Molag.
    You will do what's called Silver now. Quests in another Faction. Think of them as the Main ones done by the other side to get to Molag themselves. After completing certain "objectives" listed in a new section of your journal under Cadwell's Almanac, you will finish Silver, return to Harborage and then do Gold. Silver is generally Vet1 thru Vet 5 content, Gold Vet 6 to Vet 10. Since Version 1.6 this content is fairly easy for one player to complete at or below the level of mobs. The public dungeons may require assistance though.
    You will see few other players as you are now in a Vet instance on the servers. You will not be able to see other factions players here. Just yours. The few that are there.

Just a note on the "objectives"-- this can be fairly confusing to some (like me originally) only certain quests tick or fulfill those objectives. Most quests in the zone can be skipped if you want to save them for when Aug 31 gets here and you get more XP for doing them. You can also do them out of order. Or do the Level 5 area and then the level 2.
    How will you know which quests to do? There is a One time Objective message that will flash on your screen when you pick up the key quest. Also at that time the greyed out objective in Cadwell's almanac will turn white. Once completed it will have a checkmark next to it.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Veteran rank zones are pretty strait forward, one rank per zone. so starting the first at level50/VR1 is perfect.

Thank you for this info!

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • bogustech
    bogustech
    Thanks guys. Really appreciate the info