Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord Sorceror

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
I started a new Character which is in the title, I should have gone for a high Elf but chose Nord. Is it possible to become a good sorc as a Nord or have I made a mistake? At present the Sorc is far more powerful at the current LVL than my DK Nord ever was at the same LVL, maybe because I have more knowledge of the game, but using the spells has a far greater impact on the NCP's. I am just wondering if being a Nord will effect the sorcs abilities later on in the game.
Thanks.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    you have to understand that min/maxing effects in eso is much lower as in other games. The additions you get from choices you make are good, but not decisive.

On top of that, you can easily get the things you are missing in other ways.
    For example, the increased health regen while in combat, the increased maximum health and the decreased incoming damage is a good counter for the negative effects of vampirism (not as good as dark elf would be, but still good, specially if can also use championpoints to counter the weakness to fire. The vampirism makes up (and more) for the loss of magicka and gives some extra oomph in dps overall.

Just one of many ways you could make it work well.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can overcome any Racial issue with Gear and or Play Style.

While a Nord would not be my first choice for a Sorcerer, it can be made to work. However the Health benefits of being a Nord can work with your reduced mitigation from Light Armor, so you don't have to buff health as much, so your freer to work on Mana and Mana Regen amounts.
    Edited by Nestor on August 3, 2015 5:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"