The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Unstoppable Force"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Battlemaster's Corner - The Unstoppable Force."

Learn all about this Dragonknight tank build in our latest issue. Want to submit your build for a future Battlemaster's Corner? Be sure to send it to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice read and interesting.

"This Redguard chooses to use the Burning Talons morph of Dark Talons because of how initial threat works"

This line was quite interesting and got me thinking.
    Does anyone know what is meant by 'how initial threat works' and how it is different from normal threat generation afterwards? Thanks in advance.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Deceivero
    Deceivero
    Soul Shriven
    The flaming head and shoulder .. Is that an armour piece?
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deceivero wrote: »
    The flaming head and shoulder .. Is that an armour piece?

Valkyn Skoria Monster Set Pieces (Undaunted Gold Chest and City of Ash - Vet)
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    Very informative. Although I am wondering if I can still make this work with my Dunmer DK.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Very nice read and interesting.

"This Redguard chooses to use the Burning Talons morph of Dark Talons because of how initial threat works"

This line was quite interesting and got me thinking.
    Does anyone know what is meant by 'how initial threat works' and how it is different from normal threat generation afterwards? Thanks in advance.

Not an official source of course, but as I understand it the first one to agro a mob gets additional hate. That is why its a good idea for tanks to begin with targeted AoEs like Eruption, Scorched Earth, Blazing Spear, Lightning Splash, etc. Even though they arent super high damage, being the first on everything's hate list makes it easier to maintain agro throughout the fight. That is also why it is such a bad idea for DPS or healers to get ahead of the tank and agro first, great way to get marked for death.

My Templar normally engages groups with a Spear or Volley followed by Explosive Charge, that gets a lot of attention.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    Beast!!! guide was wondering when is thier going to be an update on it ? thanks again

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    I too would enjoy seeing an update. This is a build I would enjoy running on my Orc DK.