Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When is the next new moon?

netch_a_sketch
netch_a_sketch
✭✭✭✭
I've looked up the moon cycles for vampire bites, and they spawn on a new moon. I understand the cycles are 8 days long and you have 1.5 days to get infected but does anyone know when the next new moon is so I can be ready?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The phase of the moon has nothing to do with vampires spawning. This is outdated information from PC launch. You just have to keep checking back each night.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jazzius wrote: »
    I've looked up the moon cycles for vampire bites, and they spawn on a new moon. I understand the cycles are 8 days long and you have 1.5 days to get infected but does anyone know when the next new moon is so I can be ready?

They way to get vampirism is by getting bit by a fellow player.

Getting a bite form one of the npc is much much harder. It is designed as a rare occurance that happens to a few lucky people. It only exist so there is a small but steady amount of "fresh" vampires so the spreading of the dissease doesn't die out and offcourse to create the famous patient 1.

There has been a lot of speculation bout the spawning moments and spawning places of the npc's that bite. Most of this happend when the game was new and the dissease was rare. Some obvservation from that time seems to be based on either false rumours or is outdated due to hidden patches changing things.

The only thing we know for sure at this moment is:
    a: They spawn in the fifth map of each alliance.
    b: they seem to spawn in waves. So a few after eachother and then a long time nothing.
    c: werewolves and bloodfiends never spawn on the same time.
    d: a specific spawn only spawns twice per wave (max)

Cause the locations and timing is unknown (and likely will be changed again if we would cause it isnt supposed to be THE way to get infected), it is unwise to pursue this method.

My advice is to seek out a bite for free. Do not pay!
    There are three reasons you shouldnt pay.
    1: the people asking money are known scammers.
    2: by paying for a bite you support a system of scammers. As those people are also responsable for killing the bloodfiends before they can infect new people they control the market and the spread (it is also why they benefit from scamming you, actually biting you would also make the bite less valuable). A free bite helps to spread the dissease much faster
    3: getting one for free saves you money.

There are often people hanging out at the shrine willing to bite for free. There are also well organised guilds that bite members for free (sometimes with a waiting list).
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I got a vampire bite off a friendly player, already Vampire level 5 haha