Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUGS] -- Rites of the Queen -- Multiple confusing and broken parts to the middle of the quest

ontheleftcoast
ontheleftcoast
✭✭✭✭✭
This quest has a couple of nasty bugs. When you're told to break the gemstone to gain entrance to the next section sometimes the gem isn't there after you fight the monster guarding it. If it fails to appear you need to abandon the quest and restart. But, wait, that's not all -- restarting requires you to go back outside and talk to Queen Ayrenn and when you follow her in the first phase of the quest is missing and it puts you right back at the doors. Which still may or may not have the gems.

But even if you get lucky and manage to break your gem you still can't get thru the door until you figure out that clicking anywhere near the 'go thru this door' icon on the door won't work. You have to click on the far left or right edge away from the bluish glowing mist that's left behind because, I'm assuming, Ayrenn's gem is still there.

I can't believe this early quest in Auridon is so messed up. Please fix your game, ZOS.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    This got nothing to do with this particiular quest but with a rare bug. You need to abandon quest, wait for 15 minutes and then retake it and it works again like a charm.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU