Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which ia better

ArchGrizzlyOp
ArchGrizzlyOp
✭✭
Which would be better a Dark elf Templar or argoina Templar?

Please tell mw your views and why?
Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
-- Fadomai

Best Answers

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer, Breton, or Dunmer are probably the best races (from a min/max) perspective for healer/magicka dps characters. The Altmer is probably the top pick with the current game meta and they are even getting a slight boost in the next major update. Argonians are currently considered to have the worst racial passives by most people and they don't look to be getting much help in the next big update.

With that said, racial passives are not a huge deal unless you are the type of person who wants to be top of the leaderboard in endgame content (and therefore min/max everything). And since the developers can always change the racial passives or the game mechanics that make them desirable/useless, you should ultimately choose what you won't mind looking at after 100s of hours of gameplay.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 3, 2015 2:32AM
    Answer ✓
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    argonian is a bit bad for any class and setup and mostly used by roleplayers.

a: Increases experience gain with the Restoration Staff Skill Line by 15%.
    re: worthless cause you get to max easily.

b: Increases swimming speed by 50% and when you drink a potion, you recover 6% of your Health, Magicka and Stamina
    re: swimming speed is worthless. The rest is too small to make any difference, specially cause potions are expensive.

c: Increases Maximum Health by 3% and Poison and Disease resistance by 23.
    re: poison and disease damage is not an issue in ESO. The increased health is self support, while a good templar is supposed to support all.

d: Increases healing received by 6%.
    re: templars are the ones dealing healing. This would be nice if it was increasing the healing you do. Now it is worthless.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    I mean Argonians for the second option

Sorry

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

-- Fadomai
  • MTibbs89
    MTibbs89
    ✭✭✭
    If you're focusing on healing, probably the Argonian with their bonus to Healing Staves. If you're going for raw power/damage output, probably the Dunmer (Dark Elf), with their bonus to fire damage.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The healing staff bonus is redundant, as is all equipment leveling racials ... you will be maxed out in your weapons of choice by about lvl 40 anyway

you want to choose racials based on longer term value for your character
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• MTibbs89
    MTibbs89
    ✭✭✭
    I was, of course, referring to early-game. In the end, as with all TES games, it really doesn't matter what race you play. You play what you like most.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming you mean Dunmer Templar vs Argonian Templar?
    Based on racial bonuses, Argonians would make better healers if you're planning on grouping a lot.
    Dunmer have a fire resistance and fire (spell or all damage?) bonus.

If you're choosing because of racial bonuses, go for the race that boosts the skills you will be using the most.
    Otherwise, I'll give you the "make and play what you want" speech.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Okay Thank you people, I have the explorers pack so I just prefer to play the races the belong to that faction. But in general what is the best race for a Dps/healing Templar I've been using a high elf a lot but a end game and new game I just feel weak and not being able to heal people much. So what do people think?

-- Fadomai
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton (given you don't have access to Imperial)
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    Technically Tall Elf but I always preferred making Bretons in past games including this one. Unless you plan on going for a stamina build in which case your best bet is Redguard.
    Edited by Atlaz on August 3, 2015 5:35AM
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."