Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why is this quest not making sense?

EnglishDragon17
EnglishDragon17
✭✭✭
I am in the Dominion and one of the quests I have started talks about Prince Naemon rising from the dead, but he isnt dead anyway. He is in Elden Root. Another quest included high kinlady Estre but I killed her weeks ago. Please can someone explain.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do quests out of order really weird things can start to happen. Try to follow the main quest for a zone, and it will make sense.

You expose Estre as a traitor... then murder her.

You let Naemon go nuts, turn into a flesh atronach, and put him down, then you get to see him risen from the dead and put down again.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is linear build but also requires exploration.

So it can happen that you miss out a quest while quests you allready did later on are assuming you did it.

For example...High Kinlady Estre is killed in the final quest you are supposed to do in Auridon. But if you skip certain quests before that, the quest assumes she is still alive or even shows here life and kicking. This has to do with the conflict of having a linear story and a need to explore.

to complicate things further. this is bout the 6th map in the game and it might be a spoiler, so don't open it if you don't wanna be spoiled.
    Once you reach coldharbour, there is a quest where you can choose to side with Estre. This makes sense cause coldharbour is a place where lost souls go. she is there as one of them. See her as a vestige of her own dead self. Just like your character is one.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in the Dominion and one of the quests I have started talks about Prince Naemon rising from the dead, but he isnt dead anyway. He is in Elden Root. Another quest included high kinlady Estre but I killed her weeks ago. Please can someone explain.
    You're clearly exploring farther than where quests take you, then doing those quests you find and back-tracking. It's happened to me a few times (one of them even spoiled a death).

You'll either have to get used to it or stick to the areas surrounding the main quest when you explore. I do a "sweep" now, going from top-to-bottom of the map and move to the end, just to avoid these now.

I wish the game wouldn't offer later quests unless the earlier quests were done first, but that's probably hard to manage.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You let Naemon go nuts, turn into a flesh atronach, and put him down, then you get to see him risen from the dead and put down again.

He's a Flesh Atronach now? He was an Ogrim when I went through that quest.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe he was an ogrim when I did that quest on my DC vet last month, but he was a flesh atronach the first time with my AD char, a year or so ago. I liked the flesh atronach better.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, ill just have to get used to it I suppose